Well.... holy crap, I can't say I saw that coming.

#21YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 7/23/2011 12:49:56 AM
Well you have to remember, OOT3D was completed long before it came out, it was originally a launch title but Nintendo moved it back to june cause of a lame ass excuse that they wanted 3rd partys to have there shining moments.

SF643D looks ALOT better than OOT3D does and also to me it always had more content than OOT ever did due to multiple paths, different final levels, its just an overall more enjoyable experience.

I dont know why but SF64 has always been a super addicting game, which makes me go and play it tons and tons of times.

OOT is basically a 3D Zelda game, the same thing but in full 3D and somewhat different story.

While SF64 has always been ahead of gaming times, even though Ive heard SF1 and 2 for SNES are better and SF64 is a fusion and reboot of those 2.

I dont care much for portable OOT but portable SF64 is different, it just has way more replay value than OOT could ever give me but then again Majoras Mask is as great as SF64.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#22noutBrPosted 7/23/2011 1:11:33 AM
you can replay any stage at any time in the new Score Attack mode in an attempt to earn a new high score. ( you still need to actually unlock the levels in single-player before they’re accessible in Score Attack )

I hope you can't get the medals when playing score attack because getting the medals in the original was so hard because you had one chance in each playthrough to get the medal on each level. I loved it because playing through the game is so much fun and it makes the feeling of accomplishment miles better when you finally get certain harder to get medals.

I'm a big fan of Star Fox 64 and I really don't like the score attack/level select option...
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#23Super SlashPosted 7/23/2011 1:39:12 AM

From: YAMI_ANUBIS_X | Posted: 7/23/2011 2:49:56 AM | #021
While SF64 has always been ahead of gaming times, even though Ive heard SF1 and 2 for SNES are better and SF64 is a fusion and reboot of those 2.

SF2 is actually nothing like SF64. SF64 is a remake of SF1. Star Fox Command for the DS is a remake of Star Fox 2 (or a re-imagining of it; I forget which).
#24ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/23/2011 2:51:40 AM
The environments look amazing, but it's too bad the props look mediocre.
---
My signature is
two lines long.
#25SamusFarronPosted 7/23/2011 3:11:17 AM
Environments are MUCH better, everything else is the same to only minimally improved.

Bottom line is there are no new levels, that we know of. And ultimately, it only takes a few 2-3 playthroughs at most to see every level; and each playthrough is barely over an hour.

I see very little reason to get it, despite loving OoT3D. SF64 is an amazing game, but it just has very little content and it seems they have done nothing to extend it.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
#26noutBrPosted 7/23/2011 9:29:08 AM
Super Slash posted...
SF2 is actually nothing like SF64. SF64 is a remake of SF1. Star Fox Command for the DS is a remake of Star Fox 2 (or a re-imagining of it; I forget which).

Did you ever go past the title screen in at least one Star Fox game? SF64 is not a remake of SF, that's like saying F-Zero X is a remake of F-Zero...

It's true that SF2 was more all-range mode and SF Command shares that gameplay style but I wouldn't go as far as saying that those games are connected in any way besides that.

Having said that, SF was the game that MADE the series and SF64 continued the style and gameplay with mostly on-rails missions. To me and to many others, a Star Fox game is an on-rails shooter and why Nintendo decided to change that (Assault and Command) is beyond me. Don't get me started on the decision of Miyamoto to make Dinosaur Planet a Star Fox game, worst decision he ever made as far as I'm concerned. Well, it wouldn't have been so bad if we at least got a decent on-rails Star Fox game in the same style as SF and SF64!
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#27vyseskiesPosted 7/23/2011 9:59:25 AM
DO A BARREL ROLL!
---
03/24/11 -18:18 PM : We need a Smash bros. sequel with balancing chars and competitive play.
04/20/11 - PSN: will back within a week
#28Zero280Posted 7/23/2011 10:53:41 AM
USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH ;D
---
SSBB friend code 1246-8392-9613
FFCC: EoT friend code 1805-8266-1747
#29BraveAdolPosted 7/23/2011 12:17:51 PM
Did they add in a new mode where it's not an overpriced 90 minute rail shooter without enough difficulty to make replays enjoyable? Because that'd be amazing
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#30TheMisfitPosted 7/23/2011 1:13:50 PM
looks awesome
---
2D image of a 3D post.