Should Nintendo start working on the next portable console already?

#21LordAndrewPosted 7/23/2011 1:13:52 PM
Don't worry, the Game Boy will be back next year. The 3DS is just the third pillar.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#22elheberPosted 7/23/2011 1:18:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23elheberPosted 7/23/2011 1:20:26 PM
After the 3DS line ends, I want the return of the GameBoy line. A single, widescreen 3D hybrid touchscreen (capacitive and pressure sensitive resistive).

if they can aquire technology that lets you "feel and click" virtual on-screen buttons, I wouldn't mind if the whole front face of the unit was an edge to edge screen.

Of course this is after the 3DS line so I'm talking about 4-7 years down the line depending on what technologies emerge that intrest Ninty.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#24Megaman OmegaPosted 7/23/2011 1:46:14 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
GBASP

Seriously though if you don't like 2 screens, a touch screen or 3D, the hell do you have a 3DS for?

To, i don't know... play 3DS games?
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#25strongo9Posted 7/23/2011 1:53:15 PM
After the 3DS line ends, I want the return of the GameBoy line. A single, widescreen 3D hybrid touchscreen (capacitive and pressure sensitive resistive).

if they can aquire technology that lets you "feel and click" virtual on-screen buttons, I wouldn't mind if the whole front face of the unit was an edge to edge screen.

Neither of those two types of screens exist and they're rather silly ideas. A screen can only either by resistive or capacitive and you need some type of physical controls.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#26elheberPosted 7/23/2011 1:58:15 PM
Oh, I just remembered. I want something I can easily put in my pocket. A tough little bugger like the Micro, except of course more modern.

I wonder if a Micro sized handheld with an edge-to-edge high dpi capacitive touchscreen with the action buttons on the back and top of the unit would feel comfortable. If not, then I guess the screen sliding up to reveal the action buttons would be the next best solution.
---
#27elheberPosted 7/23/2011 2:42:38 PM(edited)
strongo9 posted...
Neither of those two types of screens exist and they're rather silly ideas. A screen can only either by resistive or capacitive and you need some type of physical controls.

Hybrid capacitive-resistive touchscreens exist. I'll get you a link as soon as I get home. The other screen tech of course does not exist, but to be fair I'm talking about the next line 4-7 years from now. So sci-fi should be acceptable.

As for silly, thats subjective.

EDIT: I'm home now. Here's some linkage for you strongo.
http://www.slashgear.com/rim-develop-hybrid-capacitiveresistive-touchscreen-0551295/
http://pocketnow.com/smartphone-news/hybrid-capacitive-and-resistive-touchscreen-brings-best-of-both
---
#28FunkyKong84(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 2:35:13 PM
@BlackPhoenix: 3D is not just graphical enhancement. It's an optional gimmick. I can still see pixels in Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart 3DS, so I say first things first. And of course Vita much better graphics than the 3DS. (I ain't gonna buy Vita don't worry, I don't like Sony's games).