Who Else Would Want a Resolution of at Least 480p For a 3DS Revision?

#1PhantomSwordPosted 7/23/2011 1:59:09 PM(edited)
480p because it would allow a perfect upscaling of 3DS's current games while allowing it to continue filling the screen.

EDIT: I just realized that, thanks to SpotPass, a second analog stick could feasibly be added to a 3DS revision - they could just adapt the 3DS's games to use that second analog stick.

But, to be honest, a revision with too many updates would probably cause the same problem as DSi did - people don't really believe that 3DS is a brand-new system. And of course, they would *have* to rename their next system, rather than continue the DS moniker.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#2pnututPosted 7/23/2011 2:01:11 PM
That would be awesome, so as long as it's cost effective, and doesn't drive up the price too much.
---
What did I do now?
#3JorgezxPosted 7/23/2011 2:03:16 PM
And screw with the 4 million costumers that already bought a 3DS? I don't think so
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#4LordAndrewPosted 7/23/2011 2:05:16 PM
That's not something that happens with hardware revisions. That happens with successors.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#5SkyCrackersPosted 7/23/2011 2:05:43 PM
I'd be annoyed actually, because I'd feel like Nintendo screwed everyone who buyed the first model. Now, if they had a deal where you trade in your old 3DS and get the new one for only $50, I'd bite.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
#6SoaringDivePosted 7/23/2011 2:10:08 PM
EDIT: I just realized that, thanks to SpotPass, a second analog stick could feasibly be added to a 3DS revision - they could just adapt the 3DS's games to use that second analog stick.

Hmm, what about those who don't have the second analogue stick? To play future games you have to buy the new model?
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#7ethsfanPosted 7/23/2011 2:11:49 PM
PhantomSword posted...
480p because it would allow a perfect upscaling of 3DS's current games while allowing it to continue filling the screen.

But, to be honest, a revision with too many updates would probably cause the same problem as DSi did - people don't really believe that 3DS is a brand-new system. And of course, they would *have* to rename their next system, rather than continue the DS moniker.

with the wii-u getting HD, it's possible
I doubt it'll happen tho
the 3D already makes the graphics better
i don't see a 2nd stick either.

a wii-u / 3DS player would be awesome tho (like the gamecube)
what they should add is multi-touch.
#8PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 2:15:48 PM
SoaringDive posted...

Hmm, what about those who don't have the second analogue stick? To play future games you have to buy the new model?

No - controls for both. For example, Snake Eater uses the face buttons for the camera. It would keep that option, but for the revision it would allow you to replace those controls with the second stick - much like Vita is doing with PSP games.

And for those of you saying that those aren't added for revisions... PSPGo and DSi kinda upped what a redesign can have. So it's more feasible now that it was before those two systems.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#9pnututPosted 7/23/2011 2:16:25 PM
Jorgezx posted...
And screw with the 4 million costumers that already bought a 3DS? I don't think so

Well, yeah, you're right, and this is why it it will never happen.

LordAndrew posted...
That's not something that happens with hardware revisions. That happens with successors.

True...

This would be too much of a change to be considered a revision.
---
What did I do now?
#10LordAndrewPosted 7/23/2011 2:16:42 PM
SpotPass? What are you saying? That a second analog stick can be sent to us at night while we sleep?
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D