I'm glad Nintendo is porting/remaking games for the 3DS

#1bottleofwinePosted 7/23/2011 2:23:15 PM
It allows people of the new generation who has never got a chance to play these games, actually play these games.
---
---
---
#2J_pheonixPosted 7/23/2011 2:23:57 PM
I don't like them.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#3MegaWinFTWPosted 7/23/2011 2:25:53 PM
Well good for them, but a lot of people, particularly the long term fans, have played them before. Re-release games, sure, but get new software out first.
#4LordAndrewPosted 7/23/2011 2:33:07 PM
Like Virtual Console does for a quarter of the price? And the two GameCube releases of Ocarina? I was hoping for something with more depth than the standard "people never played them before" response. It's a weak response, since there are still cheaper and easier ways of playing them.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#5strongo9Posted 7/23/2011 2:35:56 PM
I don't feel that it's right to complain about them because Nintendo doesn't do it too much and for every port/remake made, several new games are made. Nintendo usually only ports/remakes their best games. It gives newer gamers chances to play old classics. Because they're easy to make Nintendo makes lots of profit off of them to use to make future high budget titles.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#6ChimpsonabusPosted 7/23/2011 2:46:13 PM
I didn't get into gaming until long after Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 were released. I have still played them.
#7SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/23/2011 2:50:35 PM
strongo9 posted...
I don't feel that it's right to complain about them because Nintendo doesn't do it too much and for every port/remake made, several new games are made. Nintendo usually only ports/remakes their best games. It gives newer gamers chances to play old classics. Because they're easy to make Nintendo makes lots of profit off of them to use to make future high budget titles.

Except the only non-port games out right now for the 3DS aren't really good titles. At least if you don't live in Japan.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#8strongo9Posted 7/23/2011 2:56:19 PM
Except the only non-port games out right now for the 3DS aren't really good titles. At least if you don't live in Japan.

We're talking about 1st party titles. Wait until more come out before you say there aren't any good non-port 1st party titles.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#9MegaWinFTWPosted 7/23/2011 3:03:56 PM
Surely they should have focused on having some good new software for launch and soon after rather than just re-releases? Then again you're one of the more hardcore Nintendo fanboys here, so nothing they do will ever be wrong in your eyes.
#10CompleteGamer7Posted 7/23/2011 3:08:05 PM
Im all for it lol, I laugh at those who dismiss them, when inreality you played a version with worse graphics/modernization.