I'm glad Nintendo is porting/remaking games for the 3DS

#11parKb5Posted 7/23/2011 3:11:37 PM
I don't mind ports of old games, but they shouldn't charge new game prices, they should charge "best of" prices for ports.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#12parKb5Posted 7/23/2011 3:14:37 PM
strongo9 posted...
Except the only non-port games out right now for the 3DS aren't really good titles. At least if you don't live in Japan.

We're talking about 1st party titles. Wait until more come out before you say there aren't any good non-port 1st party titles.

I think what he is saying is that Nintendo should have come out with some good non-port games before resorting to ports.
---
#13gunslinger20Posted 7/23/2011 4:36:47 PM
while it is good for newer gamers TC but as an old school gamer i still have all those games for my N64. granted all my older system and games (genesis, SNES, N64, PS1) are in the attic somewhere and haven't been played for years except for FFVII, and some street fighter alpha games.
---
Where life had no value, Death sometimes had its price. That's why the bounty killers showed up."-Sergio Leone
#14strongo9Posted 7/23/2011 4:53:45 PM
I don't mind ports of old games, but they shouldn't charge new game prices, they should charge "best of" prices for ports.

Nintendo charges significantly less for ports and retail price for remasters and remakes.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#15parKb5Posted 7/23/2011 5:16:14 PM
strongo9 posted...
Nintendo charges significantly less for ports and retail price for remasters and remakes.

I would think that remakes and remasters should be marked down, also. Maybe not significantly, but it should be cheaper than an all new game. They save all that money that would have been used to come up with a story, design the control mechanisms, draw up story boards, ect. all that stuff has already been done and probably costs a good chunk of the cost of creating a game from scratch.
---