Halo, SOTC/ICO compared to Starfox and OoT

#1AP3BrainPosted 7/23/2011 2:57:57 PM(edited)
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-11-halo-anniversary/717890

I am not a big Halo fan but I did enjoy the series a lot when it was new but can someone tell me the difference between what they are doing with Halo and the 3DS remakes? Why is the Halo one 33% off from full retail while 3DS "remakes" are full retail? Same question about the SOTC/ICO collection which is actually 66% off from full retail if you count both individually? These games are a full gen ahead as well...

Is it because they did things like mirroring master quest and adding boss rush mode? Is that really new material and did it take more than a day to actually do that stuff? .......3D?

Now I am not trying to start something or trying to say that people wasted their money or anything like that as people can spend their money on whatever they feel is worth it. I just honestly want people to tell me the difference as some people on here say the games should be full retail.
#2LordAndrewPosted 7/23/2011 3:00:05 PM
Did those even have known prices when Nintendo priced theirs? One of the reasons may be that Nintendo has not yet developed time travel technology.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#3AP3Brain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 3:03:19 PM
Well it is just common knowledge that remastered games are usually priced at a discount. Most ones that I can think of in the past were discounted. And sorry for ditchin the topic after making it but I am off to see the new Captain America movie.
#4strongo9Posted 7/23/2011 3:05:55 PM
Star Fox 64 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D shouldn't be placed in the same category. OoT 3D is worth $40. SF64 3D is not. OoT 3D is a quality remaster. SF64 3D is not.
---
I can't wait for Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3D, Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Wii, and Skyward Sword!
#5Un_FlugelPosted 7/23/2011 3:09:10 PM(edited)
LordAndrew posted...
Did those even have known prices when Nintendo priced theirs?

Yes, most of the HD "remakes" come in a collection and are cheaper than the normal MSRP (not just Halo and ICO/SotC)
---
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/5909/0zdre.png
http://i.imgur.com/2y0Yp.png
#6Starwars4JPosted 7/23/2011 3:25:36 PM
strongo9 posted...
Star Fox 64 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D shouldn't be placed in the same category. OoT 3D is worth $40. SF64 3D is not. OoT 3D is a quality remaster. SF64 3D is not.

You're saying that because? Unless you have a great time machine I'm gonna call bs
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7LordAndrewPosted 7/23/2011 3:25:38 PM
So the Halo and Ico comparisons were just an excuse for another anti-Nintendo rant. Big surprise.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#8SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/23/2011 4:02:46 PM
LordAndrew posted...
So the Halo and Ico comparisons were just an excuse for another anti-Nintendo rant. Big surprise.

Why can't fanboys admit that a good point is good, instead of also accusing someone of just being anti-Nintendo? If you don't like other people's opinions, stop trying to make them like yours.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#9silver knuxPosted 7/23/2011 4:17:39 PM
If you think about it, the remakes on the 3DS are at the same discounted price on remakes on other consoles. OoT and SF64 were both released on a console, full price. Now we`re getting remakes for 33% less than a full console game. We just get the benefit of them also being portable now which I think goes quite a ways towards justifying the price.
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/silvex/Photos/Lego/SuperGate.png
#10ORANGE666Posted 7/23/2011 4:29:05 PM
Nintendo games are still sold at full price 5 years after their release. Zelda OOT a remake on 3DS will still be full price half a decade from now.