First starfox, now pokemon rumble blast has no Wifi? WTF?

#51parKb5Posted 7/24/2011 4:11:29 PM
bronx718 posted...
What's crazy is how uninformed so many people are but they stand by their point regardless. Rumble for the Wii had 4 player co-op and competitive modes. No wifi. That's fine, nintendo wasn't promoting that they were going to revamp their online setup.

Here comes Rumble 2011 and there's the same modes but no wifi or even a way to show your friends how far along you are with your collecting of 600 pokemon. Can't share them or have a co-op run with someone not in your 30 foot radius. And the way some people defend it is such a wild thought that you cant be labeled as anything other than fanboys or purists. Then others go so far as to say leaderboards should only be restricted to games they prefer.....how can we ask nintendo to possibly move forward with that mentality? What's the harm of having these features when a game like this is SCREAMING for it? Even if you wanted to ignore multiplayer altogether, why condemn the people who ask for a better way to experience the game?

Either way the features won't be included....but its nice to be able to point out the people who fail to want progress with Nintendo's new online setup.

Yeah even if wi-fi wasn't included in the first rumble there would be no harm in allowing people to play with other people online is there? No one that I know will be picking up this game (myself included) but if I was interested in picking it up, wi-fi would be my only way to experience co-op. Not saying you would have to use wi-fi if you didn't want to but why fault someone who does?

At least people here aren't defending Nintendo's decision to no include wi-fi with Starfox.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#52parKb5Posted 7/24/2011 4:14:38 PM
legendarylemur posted...

This game doesn't need a wifi. Having wifi in this game would either be very difficult or end-game oriented, or it will piss you off when you get incompetant teammates. Besides, there is a streetpass for this game. It's not like it's locked into a single player mode. Rumble was fun as a single player. This game has much more new features and a gigantic list of Pokemons to choose your team from.

Just a question because I never played the first game, but how do you collect Pokemon in this game. Is trading essential to getting them all? And what is the StreetPass you mentioned?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#53panama_chiefPosted 7/24/2011 4:19:59 PM(edited)
legendarylemur posted...
This game doesn't need a wifi.
Having wifi in this game would either be very difficult or end-game oriented, or it will piss you off when you get incompetant teammates.

By your logic it doesn't need multiplayer at all. Messed up end-game? Did you play the first one? Incompetent teammates? Just cause you have friends that will play the game with you doesn't mean one or two of them won't act a fool while you're trying to play seriously. It's the same situation......but with Wifi you have a choice of who you can play with. One guy not playing With the team? Boot him and get someone who is. Not really an option when it's just you and your friends.

Besides, there is a streetpass for this game. It's not like it's locked into a single player mode. Rumble was fun as a single player. This game has much more new features and a gigantic list of Pokemons to choose your team from.

Thanks for reminding me that it uses a feature that's severely underwhelming in my region. 7 streetpasses since the consoles release. And I travel at least 50+ miles daily by foot and cars in heavy commercial areas. Like I said....why dismiss something that will have absolutely no bearing on how YOU enjoy the game sinc you'll be playing single player anyways?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#54J_pheonixPosted 7/24/2011 4:17:45 PM
bronx718 posted...
legendarylemur posted...
region. 7 streetpasses since the consoles release. And I travel at least 50+ miles daily by foot and cars in heavy commercial areas. Like I said....why dismiss something that will have absolutely no bearing on how YOU enjoy the game single you'll be playing single player anyways?

Lucky, I only got one at the movies.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#55panama_chiefPosted 7/24/2011 4:33:20 PM
J_pheonix posted...
Lucky, I only got one at the movies.

A few trips to Disney World since the release raised it to 14. I'm in New York this week, went to the Nintendo store and got 1(1 in a store dedicated to Nintendo)........I should've left my 3DS back in Florida to see how much dust grew on it.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#56Godstriker8Posted 7/24/2011 5:36:32 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
Blast just has locat multiplayer. But come on, how many people do YOU know have a 3ds

Should've just ended the sentence right there. I haven't met a single person who owns a 3DS. When I brought it to my school, I got 1 streetpass, and I heard of 1 other person in th whole school who also has a 3DS. Not to mention when EB Games opened on the day of the launch, there were only 5 people including me.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
If you believe in Zeus, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#57Second_ChancesPosted 7/24/2011 5:56:32 PM
Uh, I don't know about you guys, but I played Rumble with two friends for HOURS. What's this about no multiplayer?
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground