C/D you want a new Zelda game instead of a MM or aLttp remake

#1Big_IsaacPosted 7/24/2011 1:25:20 AM
a thousand times C

I don't get the hysteria about remakes. why wouldn't you want to play a new game instead of an old one you played multiple times already
^not to mention, one you can already play on the Wii's virtual console
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#2link_15Posted 7/24/2011 1:27:32 AM
C. Even though I never played alttp or finished mm. I want to see what nintendo can do with a new Zelda for this system.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/14ocaj4.jpg
#3AP3BrainPosted 7/24/2011 1:35:08 AM(edited)
C but I can understand updating old titles selling them for a discount. Or I can understand complete remakes or reimaginings where the plot is the same and there are a lot of similarities but it really is a new game.

People of course will say "WELL GREZZO IS WORKING On IT Blah lblah blah". Well if Grezzo starts on MM they will fit it before any new Zelda game most likely delaying the project as they don't want the new Zelda to overshadow it (because it totally would). Also... I rather Grezzo do something original than just an update that isn't worth much words.

Plus I always think a system should have more updated titles and such after some good new games which the 3DS is currently working on.
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/24/2011 1:36:18 AM(edited)
AP3Brain posted...
C but I can understand updating old titles selling them for a discount. Or I can understand complete remakes or reimaginings where the plot is the same and there are a lot of similarities but it really is a new game.

People of course will say "WELL GREZZO IS WORKING On IT Blah lblah blah". Well if Grezzo starts on MM they will fit it before any new Zelda game most likely delaying the project as they don't want the new Zelda to overshadow it (because it totally would). Also... I rather Grezzo do something original than just an update that isn't worth much words.

Nintendo has multiple developers. Obviously by the logic produced in this topic, Nintendo can only use Grezzo to develop or release LoZ titles. Someone should stop Capcom and their FSA for the Anniv. of LoZ then.

*in other words Face palm at topic title, and logic produced in said topic.*

Edit: Also some of us in the regards to a remake of per se ALttP would want new changes (such as details that will further the storyline of LoZ, they were skipped only due to the time certain aspects of the story not existing and besides they are classics and are guaranteed to be good. Let's face it would I rather play PH/other LoZ DS entries or ALttP which I know is way more solid?

You decide although honestly I'd like to see both since it's stupid to deprive one set of fans just because some people only want new titles.
---
The day MML3 died was the day my faith and defense of Capcom's antics died.
#5AP3BrainPosted 7/24/2011 1:37:40 AM(edited)
Mewtwo I don't think you understand what I was saying... I'll make it clear. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE MULTIPLE ZELDA GAMES COME OUT AT THE SAME TIME. Simply because it isn't smart to do business wise. They are probably going to want at least a year of separation between the titles (most likely way more).
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/24/2011 1:40:55 AM
AP3Brain posted...
Mewtwo I don't think you understand what I was saying... I'll make it clear. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE MULTIPLE ZELDA GAMES COME OUT AT THE SAME TIME. Simply because it isn't smart to do business wise. They are probably going to want at least a year of separation between the titles (most likely way more).

Er what?

They've done this before.

Remember when ALttP was being ported? PH was being developed for the future system the DS.

Each time one LoZ is worked on another is as well. Remember Skyward Sword.

At most they'd wait a few months between releases considering Nintendo has been known for releasing multiple LoZ titles at around the same time. (between console and portable)
---
#7AP3BrainPosted 7/24/2011 1:49:11 AM
Ports aren't the same because they are way cheaper. And I am talking multiple Zelda titles at the same time on one console.
#8gsdarkdawnPosted 7/24/2011 1:52:34 AM
INFINITE times C.
---
Bring back Megaman Legends 3!
Petition: http://petitiononline.com/mml3bck/petition.html Facebook: http://Facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon
#9Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/24/2011 1:57:59 AM(edited)
Sorry to double post but my post won't allow me to edit:

Although PH came out years later it has been said it was in developement a long time (at least from what's been implied) though for more direct evidence in case you find that to be faulty logic by delay:

ALttP/FS
NA: Release : Dec 3, 2002.

Wind Waker:

JP: Release: Dec 13, 2002.

Although ALttP was released later in Japan that is beside the point. Developement between console/portables can happen consistently in LoZ games.

Including other titles such as FSA/Minish Cap, OoT3DS and SS (soon to be released)

Edit: @Ape3, but that's the point. Nintendo handles the main LoZ games while passing the ports (on portables/etc.) to other companies (namely Capcom) which means we can have both. The whole "Portable LoZ messes with Consle LoZ sales is not true nor is Portable LoZ vs. Portable LoZ sales. " Nintendo knows this, and if they wanted too (which take a guess they've probably already had MM in production with a new 3DS LoZ for quite some time.

That's how Nintendo is.
---
#10mr_metalhead666Posted 7/24/2011 2:07:41 AM
I'd actually really like to see a Majora's Mask remake since I never had a chance to play it back in the day. But I would rather see a brand new Zelda game.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good