One thing I really miss having had a PSP go...

#1endoflevelbossPosted 7/24/2011 1:28:45 PM
... Being able to carry a load of games around without carrying and switching cards.

Yeah Sony's implementation of digital downloads was awful and it killed the device but I still think the principal is a good one. Especially for a portable.
#2h1ryuPosted 7/24/2011 1:41:47 PM
Unfortunately the greed and inneptitude displayed by Nintendo and their VC a download only Nintendo console would never work.
---
PSN - Cyber_Pup
#3KGTriggerPosted 7/24/2011 1:44:08 PM
Greed in what way, hardly releasing games on it?
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#4CorruptedRPGPosted 7/24/2011 1:44:23 PM
The $250 pricetag and non-ability to make digital copies of already owned UMDs killed the Go.
---
C. Playing:
#5toma13Posted 7/24/2011 1:54:03 PM
You can carry a load of DSiware games with you on the go... I realize it's a completely different library, but it still gives you options so you're not stuck with just 1 game. I agree with the statement about the PSP Go though. It should have allowed UMD downloads. I have way more DSiware games than I do PSP games because of this... I don't want to spend $20-$40 on a download only game. $2-$8 is a lot easier sell... plus Nintendo accepts my Paypal Mastercard but Sony doesn't for some reason. Neither does Apple actually... it's weird.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#6medmusclePosted 7/24/2011 1:54:19 PM
CorruptedRPG posted...
The $250 pricetag and non-ability to make digital copies of already owned UMDs killed the Go.

This times 1000.

It was WAY too expensive and you can only play half the library (give or take). Plus, all the other models play DD anyway.
---
Own: PS3, PSP, 360, and DS Lite
#7BraveAdolPosted 7/24/2011 2:05:58 PM
medmuscle posted...
CorruptedRPG posted...

This times 1000.

It was WAY too expensive and you can only play half the library (give or take). Plus, all the other models play DD anyway.

I got mine for $100 and I was able to get a lot of games on sale. I like the form factor, save state mode not available on the 3K, and also the ability to hook it up to my TV and play with a Dualshock 3

At 250, yes it is ludicrously overpriced, but it's DEFINITELY given me my money's worth.
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#8panama_chiefPosted 7/24/2011 2:07:45 PM
endoflevelboss posted...
Yeah Sony's implementation of digital downloads was awful and it killed the device but I still think the principal is a good one. Especially for a portable.

The implementation isnt awful. What is was the implementation of digital downloads ONLY. Thats what messed up the system. And they should've done something for people with UMDs.

Then again there's so much more the 3DS can borrow from a psp it's kinda ridiculous.....
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#9toma13Posted 7/24/2011 2:12:58 PM
medmuscle posted...
CorruptedRPG posted...

This times 1000.

Yeah, the launch price was ridiculous from what the system is. I would never have bought my Go except for the fact that I saw it on a clearance table for $75. At that price it seemed like a good deal. I still wish there was some way to transfer UMD games though, even if I don't have any. I'd like to be able to play some of the PSP games that never got a download release, or take advantage of store sales, then somehow transfer the game to my Go. Some sort of cheap addon that you connected via the proprietary USB port would have been great. Oh well, too late now.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#10SaraAB87Posted 7/24/2011 2:38:55 PM
For the cost of a Go you could have bought a 3000 bundle and a large memory stick which would allow you to do more than the Go allowed (aka play UMD games). Or you could have bought a used PSP and a large memory stick which would again, allow you to do more than the Go allowed. Both of these options would have also allowed you to access the full library of PSP games. With the Go you were limited to the PSN which especially sucked during the PSN Outage. I don't think anyone will ever buy a Sony download-only console again if they would even release another one.

On the plus side it doesn't seem like the regular PSP will become obsolete anytime soon as its the only device that will be able to play UMD games. Unless Sony releases some way to transfer UMD games to the Vita which is highly unlikely although they have talked about it.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87