Nintendo released this too early

#1PKRolling343Posted 7/24/2011 1:56:44 PM
They should have waited until develoupers were done with the games they were making so that they could have a stronger line-up. There were plenty of games Nintendo could have released for the DS to tide everyone over. Now they've got a system that they don't have the games to support while the ds rots away because next to no-one wants to release anything for it. This is the same problem they're facing with the Wii.
#2chucklehofftPosted 7/24/2011 1:58:41 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/45270/1289119-this_thread_again_super.jpg
---
3DS FC (PM w/ your FC if you add me): 3995 6506 3259
Phantasy Star 2 screen name: Clavis II |Class: Hunter |Race: Newman
#30-takuPosted 7/24/2011 1:59:50 PM
yeah, this has been talked about even before the system came out.
---
PSN/XBL:"Takun32":Wii 4216-2612-6271(fake)
Sunny ruined MGS4- PLAY B3YOND
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 7/24/2011 2:26:05 PM
Not only has this been talked about a lot, but it's actually the most ironic thing I've ever heard.
People were complaining because they didn't release the 3DS in November 2010, and were moaning because they had to wait 4 more months... and THEN they complain that it's too early? If March was too early, what if they actually released it in November?
#5MarkMiltonPosted 7/24/2011 3:23:43 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...
Not only has this been talked about a lot, but it's actually the most ironic thing I've ever heard.
People were complaining because they didn't release the 3DS in November 2010, and were moaning because they had to wait 4 more months... and THEN they complain that it's too early? If March was too early, what if they actually released it in November?

it's funny, you using the word "ironic" incorrectly is the most ironic thing i've heard.... well, in at least a day or two.

and the TC is correct. i want a 3DS, i really do, but why the hell would i buy one now? there isn't one original game worth playing on it. and contrary to the Zelda fanboys, i do not feel the need to play yet another port of quite possibly the most over-rated game in history.

OoT was great when it came out... but archaic by today's standards.

when the best game on your system is just a simple port, of a port, of a port... you know Nintendo was just throwing this thing out there far too soon. they should have waited till the new RE game and Kid Icarus games were finished. they would have then have had two exclusive killer-aps to launch this system to the moon.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton
#6TheGoddamnPosted 7/24/2011 3:42:25 PM
Here's an idea: why don't you pretend the system hasn't launched yet, until games you want come out? Then buy one. And you'll be happier.

---
"Batman to all points, I could use some air support. Because I can't fly. At all. Now would be good."
http://www.backloggery.com/TheGoddamn
#7SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/24/2011 3:44:55 PM
Why don't you stop acting like the 3ds is perfect when it clearly isn't. I'm glad that even some of the ignorance of the fanboy crowd is finally starting to clear. The 3DS is nice for what it is, but what it isn't is perfect.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#8SimpleStar010Posted 7/24/2011 3:47:31 PM
MarkMilton posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...

it's funny, you using the word "ironic" incorrectly is the most ironic thing i've heard.... well, in at least a day or two.

Ironic- Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Ironic&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=ironic&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=q6AsTpX0FoTGgAfh5PWACw&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c072ac473456275c&biw=1278&bih=593

Did he use it incorrectly? Or do you not know how to use it?
---
Your ignorance is pardoned. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known any better coming from a community like Tri.- blaze19_0X
#9Grandy12Posted 7/24/2011 3:59:38 PM
What would be the difference if they had waited for the games to launch?

When they come, the people who'd buy the console because of them will buy the console because of them.

The only difference is that us who like the current games wouldn't be able to enjoy them at the moment.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#10PedroMontanaPosted 7/24/2011 4:17:32 PM
I think it will be an advantage in the long run.
They currently earn money by selling it at a high price and build up a userbase before the competition launches.

A much bigger mistake was making Nintendogs a launch title, they should have tried to get a more "core" game ready for launch instead, even if it was something smaller. Nintendogs should have been released after or with the first price drop.
Now, they'll have to re-advertise the game when the price drops.
---
No More Heroes