Why do people make such complaints.

#1Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/24/2011 5:19:00 PM
I think most people just jumped the bandwagon without looking at the DS, but let's look at common complaints that make no sense:

1) "There are only ports on the 3DS"

There are three, and compared to the DS's and GBA's huge compilation of ports and updates how did people just expect something less?

Sample list for the DS alone: KSSU, SM64DS, CTDS, UMK3DS, Namco classics, Konami classics, Atari board games (Monopoly/etc.), Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Dragon Quest IV, DQV, DQVI, FE Shadow Dragon, Disgaea DS, Gaunlet DS, and those are just off the top of my head. There were tons of ports on the DS alone.

2) "There are no games out right now"

There are way more than the DS's launch window for the first year. Which means 3DS>DS in not only the first year but current library. Without factoring in VC.

3)"They should have waited"

For what to go directly head to head with the Vita which thanks to the option of 3G is obviously going to be very popular among the general public (less informed consumers who will purchase n tech more than game library/etc.) and overall is just a bad decision to wait for such a release. Any leads in sales is a good thing for a company. That's business and considering how the DS was I don't see the major deal.

4)"Games keep getting canceled."

For good reason. All Hudson games were because Konami took over and is unsure what to do with said projects, AC : Ubisoft felt the 3DS didn't need the game as hard hitting titles were sure to come (or so they thought), Saints Row [not entirely sure], and Capcom just felt the profit wasn't there. (not that I agree what they did with MML3)

The major thing is all game systems have been like this. Games get canceled all the time, if we measured that on success the 360 would be a failure. As anyone with simple sales knowledge knows... It isn't.

5) "It costs the same as the Vita cheaper option"

Which the DS initial launch did with the cheaper PSP model [at initial launch] (200$) where as the more advanced model costed 250 and in regards to the Vita the higher priced one being 300$. (3G) Let's face it with the PSP you still had to spend extra money (30$+) just for memory cards to be able to access the PSN and actually put any content on your system.

It's likely that it may happen again, so that 250 may end up 280 or more like 300$ in the long run while the 300$ version may end up around 350$. Not that it won't be worth the money, just the idea there won't be any extra charges seems unbelievable.

6) "Nintendo/3DS isn't perfect:"

Never said it was, but we should at least use some logic that this isn't out of place for Nintendo portables. If it were new to the DS or even the GBA then yes, Nintendo would be at fault, but with such basic knowledge... The bandwagon jumping consumer is at fault here.
---
The day MML3 died was the day my faith and defense of Capcom's antics died.
#2J_pheonixPosted 7/24/2011 5:21:17 PM
Because people are entitled to their opinions.

Just because this is a 3DS board, everything does'nt have to be positive about the 3DS and Nintendo.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#3SoulofweeweePosted 7/24/2011 5:23:28 PM
J_pheonix posted...

Just because this is a 3DS board, everything does'nt have to be positive about the 3DS and Nintendo.

The point of his post is to debunk the most common complaints of the 3DS because he doesn't think they make sense.
---
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
3DS FC: 4296-3115-2044. Let's be friends!
#4CorruptedRPGPosted 7/24/2011 5:24:03 PM
FFIII *shudders* and FFIV DS aren't ports.
---
C. Playing:
#5Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 5:25:58 PM(edited)
J_pheonix posted...

That's not opinion though.

Opinion: Can not be based towards objectivity.

It's fact this console is not just a "Port system"

Judging by the DS, the complain has no merit and has no justification.

Saying "I dislike Nintendo" is an opinion. There is no truth or false statement within that comment.

Edit: Just to make it clear: The "It's an opinion" defense died ages ago when people misused the word opinion.
---
#6J_pheonixPosted 7/24/2011 5:24:32 PM
Soulofweewee posted...
J_pheonix posted...

The point of his post is to debunk the most common complaints of the 3DS because he doesn't think they make sense.

Exactly, HE doesn't think they make sense. Last I checked, he isn't everybody.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#7Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 5:24:47 PM
CorruptedRPG posted...
FFIII *shudders* and FFIV DS aren't ports.

They're updates, but I'm making a comparison to OoT3DS in a sense (even with expanded graphics) no offense.
---
#8baconcow1812Posted 7/24/2011 5:25:18 PM
TC, people make these complaints because they wish to give their opinions the same as you. Why should their opinions be worth less than yours?
---
"the hell!?"
#9parKb5Posted 7/24/2011 5:27:01 PM
Why do people make such complaints.

Why are you complaining about them?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#10Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 5:27:24 PM
baconcow posted...
TC, people make these complaints because they wish to give their opinions the same as you. Why should their opinions be worth less than yours?

They aren't opinions.

I used fact with my disqualification for calling them opinions.

Saying the 3DS has terrible volume is an opinion. Some people think the sound is low, some think it's just fine. There is no facto within it.
---