Is the 3DS going to be used to it's fullest?

#1neoalphazeroPosted 7/24/2011 7:17:24 PM
It's still early in the 3DS life span but still a worthwhile question. During the Wii's time it felt like Nintendo didn't push the Mii or Motionplus much at all and it would be a shame to see the 3DS follow the same path:

1. Miis- Nintendo did admit they could do more with the Mii concept but at this point the 3DS has saw little of interest beside the two installed mini games and Nintendogs/Pilotwings. Anything on the horizon?

2. AR- Ok, Kid Icarus has some content coming what else?

3. 3D Camera- On the subject of the camera, a number of companies like 5th Cell and Konami mentioned it was one of the most attractive parts of the system, not seeing much use so far except those find the ghost titles that appeared on DSi too.

4. Wifi- Aside from fighting games what else? Three of the biggest PSP IPs in Japan are Monster Hunter (Capcom), God Eater (Namco), and Phantasy Star Portable (Sega), there is literally nothing on the 3DS like these except Heroes of Ruin sometime in 2012. Heck, Nintendo themselves could build one of these games and gain huge brownie points (the world of Xenoblade would actually fit one of these well). The few attempts at these types of adventures on DS flopped because the system's specs were not up to snuff, the horsepower and Wifi ablities are there now folks.

Thoughts?
#2Wynters387Posted 7/24/2011 7:18:34 PM
You forgot streetpass games. They could do so much more than just hates and the few puzzles they do give you.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#3J_pheonixPosted 7/24/2011 7:19:42 PM
It's to early to tell but I hope around 2012 they step their game up by improving the 3DS online.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/24/2011 7:24:24 PM
neoalphazero posted...
It's still early in the 3DS life span but still a worthwhile question. During the Wii's time it felt like Nintendo didn't push the Mii or Motionplus much at all and it would be a shame to see the 3DS follow the same path:

1. Miis- Nintendo did admit they could do more with the Mii concept but at this point the 3DS has saw little of interest beside the two installed mini games and Nintendogs/Pilotwings. Anything on the horizon?

2. AR- Ok, Kid Icarus has some content coming what else?

3. 3D Camera- On the subject of the camera, a number of companies like 5th Cell and Konami mentioned it was one of the most attractive parts of the system, not seeing much use so far except those find the ghost titles that appeared on DSi too.

4. Wifi- Aside from fighting games what else? Three of the biggest PSP IPs in Japan are Monster Hunter (Capcom), God Eater (Namco), and Phantasy Star Portable (Sega), there is literally nothing on the 3DS like these except Heroes of Ruin sometime in 2012. Heck, Nintendo themselves could build one of these games and gain huge brownie points (the world of Xenoblade would actually fit one of these well). The few attempts at these types of adventures on DS flopped because the system's specs were not up to snuff, the horsepower and Wifi ablities are there now folks.

Thoughts?

1. I actually hope they scrap those god awful Miis. Same as how I hope PSN and 360 scraps avatars.

2. Who knows? XP

3. It's also used on the Pokedex 3D which allows you to trasnfer code/signs to help imrpove chances of adding certain Pokemon.

4. Pokemon will be one of the biggest hitters, if Bomberman does still get made (at Konami's discretion) it'll almost surely have Wifi, The next continuation of DQIX (not DQX which is a different game altogether) and more look promising .
---
The day MML3 died was the day my faith and defense of Capcom's antics died.
#5neoalphazero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 7:26:37 PM
I know DQX is supposed to be on Wii, but with how amazingly well IX sold I can see them starting a new sub-series around it. LOVE that game.