Will Nintendo port Pokemon RBY/GSC games to the VC?

#1Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/24/2011 11:02:56 PM
Since my original RBYGSC have died for my GB I'd love to play them on the go whenever, but I'm not too sure that's in the folding cards of Nintendo.

If nothing else it'd be pretty nice for speed runs/etc. whenever I leave the house and so on.

Although trading is an issue I think they could add at least a local options for wireless trade.
---
The day MML3 died was the day my faith and defense of Capcom's antics died.
#2VyersPosted 7/24/2011 11:10:05 PM
Well, a straight port would be worthless; they'd definitely have to implement wireless or online trading.

It'd be a thing if they made it a DSiWare title, to reach a bigger audience.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#3Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 11:27:58 PM
Vyers posted...
Well, a straight port would be worthless; they'd definitely have to implement wireless or online trading.

It'd be a thing if they made it a DSiWare title, to reach a bigger audience.

As long as they kept the oriignal games mechanics (pre Gen 3+) I'd enjoy it. Because I can always return to FR/LG for newer mechanics and HGSS.
---
#4WickedSickJoshPosted 7/24/2011 11:35:41 PM
If they can do some kind of wireless hook up for trading/battling then I think it would be very possible. This too is one of the VC titles I'm looking forward too. Not too sure why so many people are against this game being rereleased..
---
"I've never killed anyone. I don't need to kill anyone. I think it. I have it here. *points to head*" - Charles Manson
#5Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 11:39:37 PM
CorporateMinistry posted...
If they can do some kind of wireless hook up for trading/battling then I think it would be very possible. This too is one of the VC titles I'm looking forward too. Not too sure why so many people are against this game being rereleased..

Probably due to the remakes. Though I don't see the problem considering the mechanics and content from the remakes is far different. They could even sell all three versions (per generation) at 2.00 per game making all three games per gen 6.00 which would be a nice deal.

Though I've heard GSC may be hard to port in such an instance, I don't recall the exact reason though. Heck if they could add that I'd love to see a miniature port of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.
---
#6chaomaster4000Posted 7/25/2011 12:04:47 AM(edited)
I think they should just release a slightly-tweaked Yellow. I love R/B/G/S/C as much as the next guy, but Yellow is really the only version that had anything unique to it that cannot be found in newer iterations, excluding glitches (which I'll admit are brilliant, but Nintendo would probably fix them anyway).

The tweaks I'd want are obviously wireless battling/trading, and adding in a few more gift Pokemon to complete holes in the Pokedex (Raichu in particular). I know some would say that it would be stupid to release just one version of a Pokemon game because then all Pokemon could be got on just one playthrough, but thanks to the fossil Pokemon there'd be at least one reason to trade at least once.
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#7OkihayPosted 7/25/2011 1:09:38 AM
I wonder if Missingno. would make an appearance...

...that would depend on the version, of course.

They could also release a translated Pocket Monsters Green.
---
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/
#8Cave_LionPosted 7/25/2011 4:30:04 AM
Those games have been remade. I hope they don't.
---
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/img_200/Neptune-spot.jpg
NEPTUNE
#9thedicemasterPosted 7/25/2011 4:44:51 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
[...]
Though I've heard GSC may be hard to port in such an instance, I don't recall the exact reason though. Heck if they could add that I'd love to see a miniature port of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

biggest problems would probably be communication hardware and RTC.
both however can be mapped to the 3DS versions by the emulator.
RTC: 3DS clock can be used for this, requires some modifications to their emulator.
link cable: hardest, a wireless connection configuration screen would have to be added to the emulator
IR: can be mapped directly to the IR port they so conveniently added on the 3DS, it could even be compatible with the original games.
#10MizuhoChamaPosted 7/25/2011 5:01:14 AM
Okihay posted...
I wonder if Missingno. would make an appearance...

...that would depend on the version, of course.

They could also release a translated Pocket Monsters Green.

They did. It's called Pokemon Red/Blue.

The original Red was different to what we know.
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit."-Vyse the Legend
PSN - MizuhoChan 3DS - 3523 2022 4853