Be honest.....

#21JorgezxPosted 7/25/2011 10:59:10 AM
Who doesn't?
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#22SamusFarron(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 12:18:42 PM(edited)
Hey Mr. lrn2microbiology, you are aware that approximately 1/3 of the mass of your feces are bacteria, right? Your feces aren't that sanitary. lrn2research.

Not all bacteria are harmful, especially those that aid in digestion. Your feces contains little to nothing in the way of harmful bacteria to you; remember it was inside you to begin with - the bacteria is common within your digestive tract in order to help breakdown food.

Feces is toxic to you because of the build-up of literal "waste" materials - stuff your body gets rid of because it cannot be processed or properly used, not necessarily because of bacteria. If you were to ever consume massive amounts of your own poop (this is getting gross now) then you would die of continued consumption of unusable proteins that your body cannot utilize, or are even harmful, and it could overload your cells beyond what they can process. The bacteria in your feces would not kill you, though it could make you sick because you would be putting overwhelming amounts into your stomach.

OTHER people's feces however, contains bacteria of a foreign makeup that can make you VERY, VERY sick and even kill you. That is why I was pointing out that public spaces, especially restrooms, contain bacteria far more unsafe for you than your own poo.

Again not all bacteria are harmful, in fact the vast majority found in the human body are essential for life - it is a symbiotic relationship. If all of the bacteria in your body were to vanish, you would be dead within a day by either the invasion of foreign bacteria or by malnutrition because you would lack the ability to break down the proteins in your food into the amino acids needed to be re-arranged into the proteins that you do need.

Want any more poop or bacteria talk, now? Because you seem to assume it's always "bacteria = bad", which is the general thought process of those who haven't done a drop of research.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
#23SamusFarron(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 12:20:58 PM
Wow I had to fix a ton of typos in that last post.

I blame my keyboard, and hasty posting.

I guess I'll go play some DoA on the john to feel better about it.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
#24elheberPosted 7/25/2011 12:30:29 PM
All the time.

Handheld consoles and laptops aren't just for when you're on the go, but also for when when you're going.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."