My 3DS has MacBook Syndrome..

#1HellzEndPosted 7/25/2011 5:32:17 AM
I mean by this that whenever I open my 3DS there are marks on my top screen from there the ridge around the touchscreen is touching it. Has anyone else encountered this?
---
A Busjacking at a time like this?
#2pikachupwnagePosted 7/25/2011 5:33:56 AM
HellzEnd posted...
I mean by this that whenever I open my 3DS there are marks on my top screen from there the ridge around the touchscreen is touching it. Has anyone else encountered this?

is your touchscreen dirty?
DO you close your 3ds hard?

thats how it gets those marks.(so lack of proper care)
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#3J_pheonixPosted 7/25/2011 5:34:08 AM
Yes.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 7/25/2011 5:41:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5little_fat_boyPosted 7/25/2011 5:44:51 AM(edited)

thats how it gets those marks.(so lack of proper care)

not true.

It's caused because the rubber feet on the top screen corners were made too short to provide adequate separation from the bezel around the bottom screen. Nintendo will fix this for free if you call customer support.

EDIT : this does not affect every 3DS. It's a manufacturers defect on a batch of launch systems.

---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.imgur.com/LBWlN.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/K0UBk.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/xzXVR.png
#6noutBrPosted 7/25/2011 6:04:49 AM
I'm very careful when handling all of my electronics and after gently and softly closing my 3DS and storing it in a 3DS case I always have the lines on the upper screen.

It's a very sloppy design flaw by Nintendo and why they haven't made the bottom screen as wide as the top screen is beyond me.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#7trenkenPosted 7/25/2011 6:19:55 AM(edited)
Its a handheld videogame system, its kinda meant to be beat up on. If you have to be careful closing the lid to avoid the top screen getting damaged, that is simply poor design.

I refuse to baby this thing because it wasnt designed well, so I have those marks too, and I couldnt care less. It still works just fine. They arent distracting at all, and Ill keep beating the system up because this isnt a $3000 luxury watch. Its a $250 videogame system built to be traveled with, thrown in bags, kept in pockets, etc...

I bought a 3k Omega Planet Ocean watch about a year ago (not bragging, using it to make a good point). I got a scratch on the bracelet which almost brought me to tears. Thankfully you can get it buffed out. When I saw those marks on my 3DS top screen I rolled my eyes and kept playing it, and kept slamming the lid shut. Huge difference between products that really should be babied due to their extreme value, and cheap easily replaceable products that arent meant to be babied in the first place.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#8SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/25/2011 7:11:48 AM
trenken posted...
Its a handheld videogame system, its kinda meant to be beat up on. If you have to be careful closing the lid to avoid the top screen getting damaged, that is simply poor design.

I refuse to baby this thing because it wasnt designed well, so I have those marks too, and I couldnt care less. It still works just fine. They arent distracting at all, and Ill keep beating the system up because this isnt a $3000 luxury watch. Its a $250 videogame system built to be traveled with, thrown in bags, kept in pockets, etc...

I bought a 3k Omega Planet Ocean watch about a year ago (not bragging, using it to make a good point). I got a scratch on the bracelet which almost brought me to tears. Thankfully you can get it buffed out. When I saw those marks on my 3DS top screen I rolled my eyes and kept playing it, and kept slamming the lid shut. Huge difference between products that really should be babied due to their extreme value, and cheap easily replaceable products that arent meant to be babied in the first place.

It's because fanboys choose to blame everything on the consumer and think the company and it's products can't never be flawed. Yet they run and cry worse than anyone when it happens to them, and blow up if you tell them to "take better care of their stuff", like they say to others. It's ignorance and hypocrisy that makes them think that one brand is perfect, and that they are better than someone else because they only like that brand.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#9IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/25/2011 7:40:51 AM
Haven't come across this problem, guess I got lucky or something, no scratches on my top screen. Anyway, Nintendo generally makes very durable products, sometimes yes, flaws do happen in the manufacturing process. Overall though, I've been very lucky to have not had any major problems with any handheld I've had.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/