Resetting DS game data

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Resetting DS game data
4 years ago#1
Hey, so get this. One of my favorite DS games has decided to not work on my 3DS. It's Ouendan 2, and when I go to play it it gives me a black screen with Japanese text at the bottom. Course I can't read it, but it also gives me this on my Sister's DS lite. So I figured it's Data corruption, fantastic.

How can I rest it so it can work again, and possibly not risk my data, or if I have to, start anew?

Sure, I could ask this on the DS boards, but this is more popular. So, meh
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
4 years ago#2
Someone said the code to reset all data was in the instruction manual.
---
C. Playing:
4 years ago#3
CorruptedRPG posted...
Someone said the code to reset all data was in the instruction manual.

I looked at my manual, with Trouble shooting, and other stuff, and didn't find any mention
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
4 years ago#4
Isn't 3DS region locked for DS games?
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
LOL New Zealand what!!!
4 years ago#5
JollyBuda posted...
Isn't 3DS region locked for DS games?

no, it can't tell what region a DS game is.

region lock is only for DSi and 3DS games.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Resetting DS game data

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived