Megaman fans reach out to The Colbert Nation for help

#1lizard81288Posted 7/25/2011 3:10:18 PM
Article
http://purenintendo.com/2011/07/25/mega-man-fans-reach-out-the-colbert-for-some-help/

Source:
http://forums.colbertnation.com/?page=ThreadView&thread_id=27778

Could you imagine if Steven said something about this on his show. Crapcom would be owned.
---
I hate people in general.
#2Starwars4JPosted 7/25/2011 3:13:23 PM
As I said on a topic on that board, I doubt what a comedian on a niche American television show will effect the decisions of a Japanese video game publisher. And besides, do you really think Colbert would give a ****? I don't. Has he shown in any way that he has a passion for video games? He's a political comedian. It doesn't even remotely enter his scope.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3JorgezxPosted 7/25/2011 3:14:17 PM
I pretty much doubt they can get him to say anything, although it is good to try to get more people know about the current situation.
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#4LHS_2012Posted 7/25/2011 3:14:57 PM
Starwars4J posted...
As I said on a topic on that board, I doubt what a comedian on a niche American television show will effect the decisions of a Japanese video game publisher. And besides, do you really think Colbert would give a ****? I don't. Has he shown in any way that he has a passion for video games? He's a political comedian. It doesn't even remotely enter his scope.

Yea, they should've went to Jimmy Fallon.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#5Starwars4JPosted 7/25/2011 3:16:14 PM
LHS_2012 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Is he a gamer? If so then it might be a more worthwhile idea, though I'd think he has even less pull than Colbert does no?
---
#6lizard81288(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 3:19:02 PM
Well, he has done bits with Video games. Not too many, but i think CoD was one of them, along with madden '12 too. I think madden '12 got the wag of the finger, or EA was destroying America.
---
I hate people in general.
#7LHS_2012Posted 7/25/2011 3:19:52 PM
Starwars4J posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Is he a gamer? If so then it might be a more worthwhile idea, though I'd think he has even less pull than Colbert does no?

Yea he's a pretty big gamer. Reggie was even on his show at least once.
He is probably less notable, but he would care more.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#8Starwars4JPosted 7/25/2011 3:21:49 PM
LHS_2012 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

I had no idea, that's pretty cool. Personally I can't stand the guy, but if he can be of some use more power to you.
---
#9Grandy12Posted 7/25/2011 3:22:42 PM
To be fair I can imagine Colbert reporting on it... making fun of the gamers.
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#10Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/25/2011 4:50:31 PM(edited)
Starwars4J posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

I had no idea, that's pretty cool. Personally I can't stand the guy, but if he can be of some use more power to you.

Jimmy Fallon would be my #1 choice, if you were going to voice your opinion about videogames. Jimmy is definitely committed to his fans, he never really does a segment without interacting with the fans/audience in some way. I believe Fallon is a big gamer, especially when it comes to Nintendo Wii, etc.

Colbert is the best when it comes to making fun of huge companies. If he did reply to the Megaman fans through his show, you can bet he would have Capcom burying their heads in the sand.

With all of that said, I don't care about MML3.

For the record, Fallon's late night show is a lot more funnier than Jay Lenno.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a