Nintendo has four solid reasons to remake Majoras Mask for 3DS now

#1xCha0sPosted 7/25/2011 5:56:04 PM(edited)
1) they have the groundwork with ocarina and its easy money
2) they have an idea for it, with it being handheld, since the games short and only has 4 dungeons they think itll be more accessible, which the developer for zelda said in Nintendo Power (who also claimed they wanted it)
3) it has a lot of fan demand
4) itll help sell 3DSes when it has lower sales, since its two n64 classics remade, it could push those holding off on ocarina
a lot of ppl said ocarina 3ds is a system seller, thatll get he rest of the fans onboard that are still waiting or skeptical, plus some feel majora is better than ocarina, this pleases everyone.
#2JorgezxPosted 7/25/2011 5:56:04 PM(edited)
I believe they will have it ready in no time, an then release it when the sales are low or there is a game drought. Probably summer 2012
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#3so64Posted 7/25/2011 5:55:46 PM
5. They also have the technology.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#4xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 6:01:24 PM(edited)
majora would benefit a lot from the touch screen interface, because of the switching of masks frequently. the game is pretty guide heavy and could also benefit highly from the sheikah guidestone they added in ocarina 3DS.

another interesting tidbit, is majoras mask has been playable on every system that ocarina has, save for the 3DS. N64, Gamecube, and Wii's Virtual Console... but it has never been remade, and now is the perfect opportunity.
#5teh1337gosuPosted 7/25/2011 6:02:00 PM(edited)
Ocarina of time is shorter than Majora's Mask.

All of MMs 4 dungeons are elaborate and have a much better central themes aside from just getting all the keys like in Ocarina of Time. MM has a better overworld, it has better sub dungeons, and far superior sidequests.

OoT has better pacing, has more neater shorter dungeons and came first. Ultimately I'd love a MM remake because the frame rate sucks and N64 games imo have aged like garbage. I'd play an NES game over a N64, something about the poor textures and poor framerates that's a turn off.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#6xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 6:06:45 PM
i know that. i took longer to beat majoras mask than i did ocarina of time, because it has the most heart pieces of any zelda, has all of those masks to collect, the upgrades, the challenge, and the four dungeons usually combine two themes into one to make up for it.
#7BigReedPosted 7/25/2011 6:15:45 PM
xChaos, I'm sure once MM3d releases you'll bash it continuously just like you did with OoT3d.

Then you'll buy it and act like you never said any of that stuff.
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."