3D seems to only hurt the 3DS

#41LightHawKnightPosted 7/26/2011 6:40:55 PM

Wow. I hope your mom and dad don't ever kick you out of their basement. You'll starve to death in very short order. Being that you're 'prolly ten years old, you have a few years before they can kick you out on the street. Sounds like what you need.

Nice comeback, since when do 10 year olds live in a basement? You obviously know nothing about the art of saving money and think anyone who does is 10 years old. That is a rather interesting outlook on life. Have fun being bored for the rest of your life, since you obviously can not afford anything other than feeding, clothing and sending your kids to the doctor.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#42CommanderxGreenPosted 7/26/2011 6:41:18 PM
JP_Sartre posted...
Game animation is a set of still images linked together. Like a cartoon. To send a different animation to each eye, you'd need TWO sets of images for each game. Games are not filmed like movies- They are animated like cartoons. "Camera" has nothing to do with it. Unless you think Mario is a live actor, LOL.

You're describing sprites. Do you know how 3D model animation works, at all? o__O;
---
MegaMan Legends 3 is cancelled. I am dead inside.
#43SoaringDivePosted 7/26/2011 6:42:05 PM
I'm willing to bet that games for the 3DS are going to be more expensive to develop, since it will require the 3D effect obviously. The Vita will have no such requirement. Since the 3D effect requires sending a different image to each eye, that means TWO sets of graphics will have to be developed for each game. DOUBLE the development cost. Do the math.

(assuming you're being serious)...
It doesn't really work like that...

They only have to make the graphics once. The 3D happens by running two cameras angled (the distance/angles of the cameras is changed by teh slider), the left eye sees one camera, the right eye sees the other. Which is how Ubisoft had a couple of ports at launch, didn't cost them much to do that, they (pretty much) just added a second camera.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#44Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/26/2011 6:46:11 PM
JP_Sartre posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
JP_Sartre posted...
SoaringDive posted...
JP_Sartre posted...
hatemakingnames posted...
Hot_Sheen_Pt_2 posted...
3D gives people headaches.

proof or it's a sony conspiracy

The only thing that would give me a headache is if I was a 3DS early adopter and Sony released a superior hand held for the same price.

*Looks at Vita line-up*

Well, SO FAR that hasn't happened. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm willing to bet that games for the 3DS are going to be more expensive to develop, since it will require the 3D effect obviously. The Vita will have no such requirement. Since the 3D effect requires sending a different image to each eye, that means TWO sets of graphics will have to be developed for each game. DOUBLE the development cost. Do the math.

All this and I've never even owned a Sony handheld. Like you said, I going to wait and see.

Nintendo is not forcing developers to add 3D if it costs them too much to develop upon. So no, that's just misinformation right there.

So then non 3D games on a 3D system would make the 3D aspect rather pointless, I'd think.

No, because there are developers who want to deliver upon the 3D aspect. It's an option not a condition.
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#45SoaringDivePosted 7/26/2011 6:47:54 PM
JP_Sartre posted...
So then non 3D games on a 3D system would make the 3D aspect rather pointless, I'd think.

That's the equivalent of saying that games on PS3 that use dualshock only make the Move aspect pointless. I mean... Move is pretty much pointless, but not for that reason.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#46Hot_Sheen_Pt_2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 6:51:04 PM
Too many developers have no idea how to make 3D worthwhile
#47TheSPPPosted 7/26/2011 7:00:09 PM
JP_Sartre posted...
hatemakingnames posted...
Hot_Sheen_Pt_2 posted...
3D gives people headaches.

proof or it's a sony conspiracy

The only thing that would give me a headache is if I was a 3DS early adopter and Sony released a superior hand held for the same price.

durr hurr hurr vita is better lolz

We get it. You don't like the 3DS, that's fine. But why you would come to this board to express that opinion just so you can insult people who do like it is beyond me, unless you're a troll or just a very angry person in general.

Go away.
---
Hello :D
GT:xxThe Biesxx