it has been asked before and im going to ask it again

#1wwkPosted 7/25/2011 10:27:08 PM
is it worth getting an 3DS for OoT and snake eater? im sure there are other games im interested in like mario kart, but those 2 games would be the main reason id be getting one. how will the controls work for shooters on it too, similar to the psp's?

also how is the 3d on it? i have a 3dtv so if anyone can compare the 3d to something on the PS3 like uncharted that would be helpful.
---
I own you nerds http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/dizeeStL
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/25/2011 10:29:44 PM(edited)
Getting a game system for only two games is never a good decision. Never
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#3BlackPhoenix127Posted 7/25/2011 10:32:03 PM
Those are both great titles so if there are already two titles you want and you have the funds then knock yourself out.

There are lots of other good titles coming out around the holidays and if you're like me and never had a DS then there is already a huge library of games to look in to.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#4wwk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 10:33:13 PM
ya i never had a DS so that is a good point also. what are some good DS games?

the main thing i am worried about is the 3DS becoming the next wii for me aka something i hardly ever turn on and use anymore.
---
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/25/2011 10:39:22 PM
wwk posted...
ya i never had a DS so that is a good point also. what are some good DS games?

the main thing i am worried about is the 3DS becoming the next wii for me aka something i hardly ever turn on and use anymore.

DS games worth something:

Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Pokemon DPPLT
Pokemon BW
New Super Mario Bros.
Fire Emblem SD
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Squeak Squad
Super Mario 64 DS
Disgaea DS (if you can't obtain Disgaea on the PSP/PS2)
LoZ PH
LOZ ST

and more.
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#6lambchipsPosted 7/25/2011 10:41:14 PM(edited)
since you dont have a ds, get a 3ds and CATCH UP!! you missed ALOT of great ds games
- radiant historia
- 999 (the name of the game is 9doors,9 hours and 9 person)
- hotel dusk room 215
- last window (sequel to hotel dusk)
- trauma centre under the knife (get this later, because its really hardcore)
- infinite space (one of the best ds games, but imo VERY indepth def not a good first game, because of how deep it is)
- etrian odyssey
- SMT devil summoner (the 3ds is getting a port, so wait for that)
- the world ends with you (very good arpg)
- wizard of oz beyond the yellow brick road (one of the most underrated games on the ds)
- castlevania (alot of them use the SotN formula... aka metroidvania)
- soatorobo (its not out in the US yet, but it looks like a solid platformer)
- pokemon black/white
- dragon quest 9
- ghost trick (one of the best games this year)
- phoenix wright series (you need to play these in order)
- inazuma eleven (its out in EU and its a good rts with rpg elements)

i didnt bother listing JPN import titles, i also missed out on a bunch of games... this is the list i just through up on the spot
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#7KorlithielPosted 7/25/2011 10:44:37 PM
wwk, while normally I would agree with others that it's not worth getting a system for only 2 games, it is far too early in the 3DS's life to know what else you will want going through it's life. You noted other games you will likely enjoy, and that you missed the DS and so have a ton of games there to consider as well.

So I would say it's well worth owning. I was happy to nab mine for Pokemon White and the ability to nab 3DS titles that would catch my interest (so far, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D are worth having in collection and Samurai Warriors: Chronicles was well worth playing through once).
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#8wwk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 10:46:45 PM
well that other resident evil game looked alright but mercenaries really doesnt appeal to me since i never really cared for it on re5. also heard alot of bad things about it

star fox 3d seems good too. how do shooter controls work on the system?
---
#9Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/25/2011 10:47:44 PM
Chrono Trigger DS (if you can find it)
[as someone else said Castlevania] to be specific:
Order of Eclesia
Portrait of Ruin
Dawn of Sorrow
---
#10Taurus910Posted 7/25/2011 10:59:10 PM
yes and no
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
I can't barrel roll away from who I am...