it has been asked before and im going to ask it again

#11ZanimarPosted 7/25/2011 11:01:59 PM

Chrono Trigger DS (if you can find it)

Found it.

http://www.amazon.com/Chrono-Trigger-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001E27DLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311660098&sr=8-1
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#12KorlithielPosted 7/25/2011 11:04:32 PM
wwk, while there are parts I dislike about Mercenaries (inability to delete the save comes to mind) the controls aren't a problem. I expect many games will pioneer their own control scheme to fit their needs, as the touchscreen gives developers a lot of flexibility that wasn't present in the PSP (similar physical control set-up).

I'm pretty mixed on Star Fox 64 3D. Lack of online multiplayer, and I came across a whopping 2 people in Bellingham that also owned a 3DS so that would basically mean just the single player experience. Since I played through the original 64 version, I was hoping to get to enjoy multiplayer more and barring that I find it unlikely I will pick it up, regardless of what else is added.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#13Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/25/2011 11:07:54 PM
Zanimar posted...
Chrono Trigger DS (if you can find it)
Found it.

http://www.amazon.com/Chrono-Trigger-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001E27DLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311660098&sr=8-1

I meant in general stores. But yes, there you go.
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#14Selh_teus1991Posted 7/25/2011 11:09:33 PM
lambchips posted...
since you dont have a ds, get a 3ds and CATCH UP!! you missed ALOT of great ds games
- radiant historia
- 999 (the name of the game is 9doors,9 hours and 9 person)
- hotel dusk room 215
- last window (sequel to hotel dusk)
- trauma centre under the knife (get this later, because its really hardcore)
- infinite space (one of the best ds games, but imo VERY indepth def not a good first game, because of how deep it is)
- etrian odyssey
- SMT devil summoner (the 3ds is getting a port, so wait for that)
- the world ends with you (very good arpg)
- wizard of oz beyond the yellow brick road (one of the most underrated games on the ds)
- castlevania (alot of them use the SotN formula... aka metroidvania)
- soatorobo (its not out in the US yet, but it looks like a solid platformer)
- pokemon black/white
- dragon quest 9
- ghost trick (one of the best games this year)
- phoenix wright series (you need to play these in order)
- inazuma eleven (its out in EU and its a good rts with rpg elements)

i didnt bother listing JPN import titles, i also missed out on a bunch of games... this is the list i just through up on the spot

+1 for Ghost trick(imo best game on DS), Hotel dusk and Last window.
---
Please spam Showtime network on facebook to bring back United States of Tara for another season if you have the time! Thank you.
#15RPGMaster95Posted 7/25/2011 11:37:07 PM
wwk posted...
is it worth getting an 3DS for OoT and snake eater? im sure there are other games im interested in like mario kart, but those 2 games would be the main reason id be getting one. how will the controls work for shooters on it too, similar to the psp's?

also how is the 3d on it? i have a 3dtv so if anyone can compare the 3d to something on the PS3 like uncharted that would be helpful.

NOOOO

Both OoT and Snakeeater can be played for much less on a variety of other systems.

The 3D effect is nothing compared to a 3D tv, it's neat, and it works, but honestly its nothing special.

If you wont pick up any other 3D titles, or at least are not excited for any, just wait for the rerelease and reconsider what games you would enjoy then.
#16xCha0sPosted 7/25/2011 11:54:31 PM(edited)
ocarina of time 3d is the best version of the game, but snake eater looks like itll be bad. wait for the vita version of mgs3 and play that one instead.
#17Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/25/2011 11:55:33 PM
xCha0s posted...
ocarina of time 3d is the best version of the game, but snake eater looks like itll be bad. wait for the vita version of mgs3 and play that one instead.

Why?

It's been proven it has slightly better graphics in some areas and supposively going to have all kind of innovations from which I remember Kojima speaking of.
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#18wwk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 4:47:06 AM
vita is getting mgs3?

i thought it was only a ps3/360 collection
---
I own you nerds http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/dizeeStL
#19SupaTPosted 7/26/2011 5:02:16 AM(edited)

Getting a game system for only two games is never a good decision. Never

I disagree, I would have been completely happy with a PS2 and my only game as Socom 2 (as that was pretty much all I played through high school)

Secondly, on my 360, the only game I really play with any consistency is SSFIV. So, it really depends on the person. No one needs everything.

And more on topic, no I don't think those two games warrant the purchase, but given there are plenty of games coming, it's definitely a good purchase.