are they gonna release a internet security for the web browser?

#11Blood_NightsPosted 7/26/2011 9:00:53 AM
chucklehofft posted...
Blood_Nights posted...
All they would need is to make a background keylogger for the 3DS and theoretically they could steal your information. But, it'd have to embed itself in the eShop to pull off, which I'm sure is encrypted and write-protected like crazy.

But once the encryption keys are found and released, it'll become that much easier to make. Not that I think it ever will.

While they could easily get the encryption key, without something to get around the write-protection, they couldn't really do much to it. They'd have to find a way to background process it, which, since you can't exactly multitask with the 3DS beyond the webbrowser, wouldn't be an efficient way to do it.
---
FuStillBetter3 posted...Guys, guys, I know how to handle this topic. TC is an idiot
#12stromvancouverPosted 7/26/2011 9:04:08 AM
Blood_Nights posted...
All they would need is to make a background keylogger for the 3DS and theoretically they could steal your information. But, it'd have to embed itself in the eShop to pull off, which I'm sure is encrypted and write-protected like crazy.

Are you even sure a programmer could get a 3DS to run the keylogger software, or store the information, or send it back to the original programmer unnoticed? I'm not sure a hacker could manipulate the 3DS to do any of these things if he/she wanted to.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif
#13chucklehofftPosted 7/26/2011 9:05:48 AM
Blood_Nights posted...
chucklehofft posted...
Blood_Nights posted...

But once the encryption keys are found and released, it'll become that much easier to make. Not that I think it ever will.

While they could easily get the encryption key, without something to get around the write-protection, they couldn't really do much to it. They'd have to find a way to background process it, which, since you can't exactly multitask with the 3DS beyond the webbrowser, wouldn't be an efficient way to do it.

True, but we know that multitasking is possible due to the backgrounding of apps when entering the home screen, but that probably won't be an issue unless someone is using a hacked 3DS.And i dunno about the write protection, it probably depends on the type of mechanism, but I doubt a hardware mod will be required to remove it.
---
3DS FC (PM w/ your FC if you add me): 3995 6506 3259
Phantasy Star 2 screen name: Clavis II |Class: Hunter |Race: Newman
#14SlaysmePosted 7/26/2011 9:34:40 AM
If there was an exploit like this, chances are the finder would sell the exploit to a flashcart company, or other party interested in captilising on a cfw. If you ever hear of a cfw or jailbreak on the 3ds, be sure to keep up with the latest firmwares.

But for now , nothing will run that's not authorized by nintendo. And if it did, a virus is probabaly pretty low on hackers' to do list.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.