You can't erase save file in Pacman/Galaga...WTH...

#1crazybotPosted 7/26/2011 11:05:47 AM
I can not stand these game companies sometimes. I hope this isn't true, but gonintendo.com has a link to wireds review for this game. And the way save file and high scores are kept just makes me sad. One score, no table of scores, and when a new high score is reached, it's the only score that gets recorded. No playing between family and friends trying to outdo each other. And no erasing of save files. WTH..... I remember being mad at Namco for their GBA pacman collections. They didn;t even freakin keep your high scores recorded. Why oh Why can't these compnaies get the very basics right for these games ?
#2kfcsnackerPosted 7/26/2011 11:15:55 AM
So you buy the next game hoping they are solved.
---
Pokemon Black FC 3868-7895-0471 Pokemon Black Wi-Fi Record 136-37
Check Quote before battling me.
#3NekoakumaPosted 7/26/2011 11:18:10 AM
crazybot posted...
I can not stand these game companies sometimes. I hope this isn't true, but gonintendo.com has a link to wireds review for this game. And the way save file and high scores are kept just makes me sad. One score, no table of scores, and when a new high score is reached, it's the only score that gets recorded. No playing between family and friends trying to outdo each other. And no erasing of save files. WTH..... I remember being mad at Namco for their GBA pacman collections. They didn;t even freakin keep your high scores recorded. Why oh Why can't these compnaies get the very basics right for these games ?

...if the highscore is recorded. . . you can still try to outdo that score . . .
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#4pikachupwnagePosted 7/26/2011 11:19:42 AM
luckily i don't plan on buying it used so problem solved for me :D

PS not a big issue if you played theses on an arcade you couldn't erase all the high scores either
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#5crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 11:21:16 AM
No buy for me. Until Namco actually puts some care into one of these collections I'm gonna pass from now on.
#6JorgezxPosted 7/26/2011 11:23:29 AM
Oh noes!
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#7crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 11:24:45 AM
When the games were shut off at the arcade, everything was reset for the next day. Now I have just read that only the 5 minute pacman ce is kept online in the leaderboards. I don't think it's much to ask, for simple things to be implemented in these type games. A proper high score table ? In this day and age it should be a given. But not at Namco.....
#8FilthyScumPosted 7/26/2011 11:25:22 AM
Are you sure? Check the instruction manual -- maybe there is a button sequence you have to hold while the game boots up. I remember some DS games by Namco were like that.