You can't erase save file in Pacman/Galaga...WTH...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. You can't erase save file in Pacman/Galaga...WTH...
4 years ago#1
I can not stand these game companies sometimes. I hope this isn't true, but gonintendo.com has a link to wireds review for this game. And the way save file and high scores are kept just makes me sad. One score, no table of scores, and when a new high score is reached, it's the only score that gets recorded. No playing between family and friends trying to outdo each other. And no erasing of save files. WTH..... I remember being mad at Namco for their GBA pacman collections. They didn;t even freakin keep your high scores recorded. Why oh Why can't these compnaies get the very basics right for these games ?
4 years ago#2
So you buy the next game hoping they are solved.
---
Pokemon Black FC 3868-7895-0471 Pokemon Black Wi-Fi Record 136-37
Check Quote before battling me.
4 years ago#3
crazybot posted...
I can not stand these game companies sometimes. I hope this isn't true, but gonintendo.com has a link to wireds review for this game. And the way save file and high scores are kept just makes me sad. One score, no table of scores, and when a new high score is reached, it's the only score that gets recorded. No playing between family and friends trying to outdo each other. And no erasing of save files. WTH..... I remember being mad at Namco for their GBA pacman collections. They didn;t even freakin keep your high scores recorded. Why oh Why can't these compnaies get the very basics right for these games ?

...if the highscore is recorded. . . you can still try to outdo that score . . .
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
4 years ago#4
luckily i don't plan on buying it used so problem solved for me :D

PS not a big issue if you played theses on an arcade you couldn't erase all the high scores either
---
Student of the Ofiicial Nuzlocke council proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
4 years ago#5
No buy for me. Until Namco actually puts some care into one of these collections I'm gonna pass from now on.
4 years ago#6
Oh noes!
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
4 years ago#7
When the games were shut off at the arcade, everything was reset for the next day. Now I have just read that only the 5 minute pacman ce is kept online in the leaderboards. I don't think it's much to ask, for simple things to be implemented in these type games. A proper high score table ? In this day and age it should be a given. But not at Namco.....
4 years ago#8
Are you sure? Check the instruction manual -- maybe there is a button sequence you have to hold while the game boots up. I remember some DS games by Namco were like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. You can't erase save file in Pacman/Galaga...WTH...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived