My 3DS just updated.

#21Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 7/27/2011 8:28:47 PM
keyblader1985 posted...
It'd still be your 3DS after they brick it - you just can't use any of the services Nintendo provides afterward.

...And could we please just end this argument here? I don't want to rehash all this.

The 3DS is not a service

It's system software REQUIRED FOR IT TO RUN is not a service.

Nintendo's online servers, THATS a service.

Warranty repair, THATS a service.

So no, they cannot brick the system, that is illegal as well as destruction of private property.

Learn what a "service" is, it was already ruled in court that if a device is closed and comes with software required for it to run, then you do indeed OWN that copy of the software, regardless of what any EULA says. The 3DS's firmware is not a service.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - Comrad Otter
Gamertags in profile
#22King_of_NerdsPosted 7/27/2011 8:43:58 PM
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
keyblader1985 posted...
It'd still be your 3DS after they brick it - you just can't use any of the services Nintendo provides afterward.

...And could we please just end this argument here? I don't want to rehash all this.

The 3DS is not a service

It's system software REQUIRED FOR IT TO RUN is not a service.

Nintendo's online servers, THATS a service.

Warranty repair, THATS a service.

So no, they cannot brick the system, that is illegal as well as destruction of private property.

Learn what a "service" is, it was already ruled in court that if a device is closed and comes with software required for it to run, then you do indeed OWN that copy of the software, regardless of what any EULA says. The 3DS's firmware is not a service.

THIS!1
---
3DS: 1075-0740-6302 PSN: briantheuber123 "even a hobo also have money" - fakewars
#23libatakoPosted 7/27/2011 10:05:07 PM
ummm yeah...people are so casual about the terms of service.....until it happens to them......then they feel like the victim.
---
As history has demonstrated repeatedly, stupidity and determination are often responsible for human deaths on a massive scale.
\ ( * c * ) /
#24SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/28/2011 12:20:03 AM
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...

That would be interesting for me to read, and you might be right this time. Can you link me to anything about that court case?
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#25PerascaminPosted 7/28/2011 12:23:52 AM
BossBang posted...
I still don't understand how companies like Nintendo think they can order us how to use our devices.

"if used with any unauthorized device....rendered unplayable."

newsflash: It's MY 3ds. Not yours nintendo. It became mine the moment I handed my $250 to the scrawny kid at gamestop, at 12 am, March 27th. I can do whatever the hell I damn well please with it as long as I don't break the law.

Unauthorized devices... So anything that isn't manufactured by nintendo is unauthorized? So if we get a gameshark 3ds, using it will cause Nintendo to drop the Hammer of Thor on my system and destroy the crap out of it?

They have no right to destroy my system. Under any circumstances. It's my freaking property. This isn't me complaining I can't hack my system. This is me amazed that anybody thinks they can smash my crap just because I did something they didn't like.

Unfortunately for Ninty, that's not the way the world works.

They want you to buy games and not pirate them, pirating contributes nothing to Nintendo.
---
Thief of the Zelda woo board.
.Hack//GU is undeniably the most underrated video game series ever.
#26PerascaminPosted 7/28/2011 12:28:31 AM
phildool posted...
so will they brick my system if someone uses it for nudey pics? im concerned it will happen if my idiot friends get a hold of it. they ask about those things whenever i get a new device

Well this is an awkward subject, but Nintendo provides the Internet browser, while said browser is open you are free to look up anything you want, but I don`t know about downloading stuff....
---
Thief of the Zelda woo board.
.Hack//GU is undeniably the most underrated video game series ever.
#27BitentiliPosted 7/28/2011 12:43:34 AM
Why do people always assume that unfair=illegal?

Life isn't fair, neither are business practices.
Get over it.
---
Not changing this signature until I can think of something better to put as a signature. Started March 20, 2011
#28libatakoPosted 7/28/2011 3:31:55 AM
why dont you get over it
---
As history has demonstrated repeatedly, stupidity and determination are often responsible for human deaths on a massive scale.
\ ( * c * ) /