YES! Spider-Man: Edge of Time is the Same on 3DS and Wii (Wii Looks Better, Tho)

#11PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 3:17:24 PM
I'll quote a part of the article, then:

"Beenox reps say the company is working hard to retain and improve the authentic feel of Spider-Man's movement from Shattered Dimensions while responding to player feedback about what from the game could have been better. The results will play out pretty much identically on both Wii and N3DS; the version for Nintendo's newest handheld will contain all of the content as - and look very similar to - its console counterpart. One notable difference, though, will be how the portable version shows what's happening in each timeline simultaneously. In a neat twist, each time period will have its own screen during story sequences. Beenox also promises that the stereoscopic 3D effect on N3DS won't be overblown; instead, it will enhance certain moments, such as heightening the thrill of 2099's free-fall sequences."

- Randy N.
Nintendo Power, Issue 270, August 2011

Also, the main difference in the screens seems to be jaggies on the 3DS version - this could be because of the size. And Anti-Venom looks leaner, but I need comparisons of scenes to be able to tell, especially since I haven't seen him in action on the Wii.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#12PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 5:40:36 PM
But I do hope that this is a sign that future comic book games will be the same way.
---
#13lp913Posted 7/26/2011 6:22:48 PM
That's nice to hear, however in the near future (after Wii U releases) we should expect identical versions of PS3/360/Wii U, and what was once development for Wii versions will likely be moved over exclusively for 3DS versions. Not bad.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]
#14PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 9:04:35 PM
lp913 posted...
That's nice to hear, however in the near future (after Wii U releases) we should expect identical versions of PS3/360/Wii U, and what was once development for Wii versions will likely be moved over exclusively for 3DS versions. Not bad.

Actually, the thing with this game's predecessor (and I believe this game as well) is that the Wii version is identical to the PS360 versions, barring graphics and controls. That's one of the big things - Beenox isn't pawning the Wii version off to some other studio (the DS game, on the other hand) - they're working on it themselves. And the same actually goes for the 3DS version.

So that means that, by the transitive property, the 3DS version has all of the same content as the PS360 versions, with only different graphics and controls, but with the addition of 3D. THAT is pretty sweet.
---
#15lp913Posted 7/26/2011 9:26:43 PM
PhantomSword posted...
lp913 posted...

Actually, the thing with this game's predecessor (and I believe this game as well) is that the Wii version is identical to the PS360 versions, barring graphics and controls. That's one of the big things - Beenox isn't pawning the Wii version off to some other studio (the DS game, on the other hand) - they're working on it themselves. And the same actually goes for the 3DS version.

So that means that, by the transitive property, the 3DS version has all of the same content as the PS360 versions, with only different graphics and controls, but with the addition of 3D. THAT is pretty sweet.

lol, looks like I misread that one! Hmmm even throwing in potential Vita and PC versions and you would still have a scenario where all versions of the same game are fundamentally the same........ I agree that's pretty damn awesome! ^_^ Hopefully other developers will follow a similar pattern, multiplatform content in general should be done this way.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]