The biggest problem the 3DS has...

#1VyersPosted 7/26/2011 6:46:42 PM
...is that they announced way too many games with the 3DS' reveal that weren't coming anytime soon. For example, let's say that they had Kid Icarus Uprising, OoT3D, and Star Fox 64 3D a little closer to launch. That would have made the situation that much better. Meanwhile, we'd have plenty of titles to sprinkle throughout the year. However, way too many Nintendo games were revealed that weren't coming for quite a while; the first non-launch game revealed at E3 to come out was OoT3D nearly three months after, and then nothing for two and a half months until SF643D. If the 3DS launched in June for example, Nintendo could have had Pilotwings, Steel Diver, Nintendogs, and OoT3D; they could then follow with Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Pokémon Rumble, etc.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#2SoaringDivePosted 7/26/2011 6:49:19 PM
Final Fantasy Versus 13, The Last Guardian...

Anyways, if they did that, then 3rd parties would hardly get many sales.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#3Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 6:52:09 PM
This really hasn't been demonstrated. The sales for third party games haven't been very good outside of Street Fighter; it's a decent idea to give third parties room to breath, but this is only a good idea if the third parties take the opportunity and run with it. Most of the third party games were either good ports or bad multi-console versions. DoAD and Shadow Wars are the only games that are unique to 3DS that are objectively good. Samurai Warriors Chronicles may be good, but it's obviously an acquired taste.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#4Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 6:54:17 PM
Forgot part of my argument. Basically, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. This is pretty much evident throughout their history; without a major Nintendo game to buy, a lot of people simply didn't bite.

Also, The Last Guardian and FFVXIII are not really relevant.
---
#5OverlordAlikPosted 7/26/2011 7:12:08 PM
LG isnt out still and ff13 sucked so yeah guess they really arent relavent

oh lets not forget metal gear 4
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#6Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/26/2011 7:20:11 PM
TBH, I'm broke. With that said, there's still a lot of launch titles that I haven't played. I bought Street Fighter during the 3DS' launch, and ended up buying DOA as my main game to play. I really want to try Pilot Wings, Legos: Pirates/Star Wars, Madden, Soccer, etc.

So, I can wait for the better games to come out next year.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a
#7Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 7:20:13 PM
I don't see why people are citing PS3 games. Besides the comparison not being valid, the PS3 had games released when MGS4; a more apt argument would be to say that the PS3 was lacking at launch.
---
#8Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 7:21:08 PM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
TBH, I'm broke. With that said, there's still a lot of launch titles that I haven't played. I bought Street Fighter during the 3DS' launch, and ended up buying DOA as my main game to play. I really want to try Pilot Wings, Legos: Pirates/Star Wars, Madden, Soccer, etc.

So, I can wait for the better games to come out next year.

LEGO Star Wars isn't very good on 3DS. If you have another platform, you'd be better off shopping elsewhere for most multi-console games.
---
#9Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/26/2011 7:36:59 PM
What about Asphalt 3D? I don't think I've seen that game mentioned on this board, yet.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a