There is one thing I think Nintendo should do regarding the 3DS/Wii/WiiU

#1Mewtwo_soulPosted 7/26/2011 9:54:34 PM(edited)
So, I'm sure most people know about how the Wii U is supposively ditching friend codes in place of a XBL-esque gamer tag, and considering most people will ditch their Wii for the Wii U due to the obvious better support, technology/etc.

I think Nintendo should update the Wii's VC to allow us to make said tag prior to the Wii U, and allow us to connect it with the 3DS similar to the PSN for PS3-PSP-Vita.

I think this is really ridiculous to prevent piracy by punishing gamers who want to be able to play games on the go (IE most VC games on 3DS) and or transfer them to their Wii U when they obtain it. Those that would be impossible should be able to be transfered to the Wii U at the very least, and or if they can should pay publishers to allow transfer to the 3DS that they'd like money from.

Heck, even a small price to transfer (Xbox did it) I think would at least be a better option than just leaving things as they are.

Anyone agree?
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#21338h4xPosted 7/26/2011 10:10:32 PM
They let you transfer DSiWare to your 3DS, so they'll probably do the same for VC and WiiWare. I'd love to see those VC games on my 3DS, but sadly I don't think it will happen.
---
Not changing this sig until Konami announces a US launch for Boktai 3. (See quote)
Started 11/21/05.
#3Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 10:12:59 PM
1338h4x posted...
They let you transfer DSiWare to your 3DS, so they'll probably do the same for VC and WiiWare. I'd love to see those VC games on my 3DS, but sadly I don't think it will happen.

More or less I don't think Nintendo understands that people want this, now I'm not suggesting a petition, but I think Nintendo should have more awareness. If they did they'd probably make it available, Sony does it, and Microsoft does it (well for new versions or revisions of 360 at least) Nintendo seriously needs to step up the game in this department.
---
Too bad Simon Belmont wasn't able to kill the vampire executives at the head of Capcom.
#4Taurus910Posted 7/26/2011 11:49:07 PM
now I'm not suggesting a petition

WHY THE HELL NOT? SOMEONE START A PETITION FOR THIS NOW
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
I can't barrel roll away from who I am...
#5Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 11:52:51 PM
Taurus910 posted...
now I'm not suggesting a petition

WHY THE HELL NOT? SOMEONE START A PETITION FOR THIS NOW

*Sigh*

There is no way to stop this meme, even directly commenting against it doesn't work.
---
#6gunstarzPosted 7/27/2011 1:48:52 AM
To be fair, it's mostly Taurus' meme.
---
www.petemorleydesign.com // www.alternativesuburban.com
Currently Playing FFVIII (PSP)
#7HeeroMasakiPosted 7/27/2011 1:55:21 AM
I agree with TC.
I'd be so happy playing Super Mario World and my other VC games on 3DS..

but I don't think it'll happen either.
---
PSN: HeeroMasaki 3DS: coming soon
#8so64Posted 7/27/2011 1:59:47 AM
I agree, but I don't think the Wii's OS is as flexible as the 3DS to allow for the gamertag update. A work around would be to have the gamertag link up to your Club Nintendo account, register the Wii with the Club Nintendo Account, and then the VC titles will be registered with CN. Then, people will be able to load VC games onto a registered 3DS. Now obviously the only downside I can see for Nintendo is that this would kinda interfere with the 3D classics that they're working with. But a solution could be to have a non-3-D version that is sold for 5 dollars (or free if you downloaded a version onto the Wii/Wii U) and then when ready to be able to update to the 3-D version for an extra dollar. That way, people who want 3-D gets 3-D and people who don't will not have to deal with it.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#9darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/27/2011 3:17:35 AM
I disagree. Some of these console titles, sure. But they're console games meant for a console. I don't think it's necessary to release these titles for a handheld. And vice versa is also true.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#10lp913Posted 7/27/2011 9:30:14 AM
Some people still don't get that its not worth it unless ALL games are transferable between systems. Sure you can do NES/SNES, but it becomes problematic with N64, GameCube and the like, since they would have to be remade at retail for it to be even playable on 3DS. So NO, unlike Sony the better model for Nintendo's digital content is TWO stores. One for handheld and one for console, sorry guys.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]