There is one thing I think Nintendo should do regarding the 3DS/Wii/WiiU

#11SlaysmePosted 7/27/2011 9:54:57 AM
lp913 posted...
Some people still don't get that its not worth it unless ALL games are transferable between systems. Sure you can do NES/SNES, but it becomes problematic with N64, GameCube and the like, since they would have to be remade at retail for it to be even playable on 3DS. So NO, unlike Sony the better model for Nintendo's digital content is TWO stores. One for handheld and one for console, sorry guys.

No you are wrong. Go look up the emulators available on the DS and psp and tell me there is no market for this. There are no GC games on the vc as of now anyways. I'd even concede to not putting n64 games on the 3ds, although it woud work. It would make way more $ for the big n, especially if they did not do an overall account link, people would double dip just fine. It's better to sell two copies of a game than one, right ? The sheer mass of sales spread across hundreds of game would easily counterbalance the few sales lost to 3d classics, compilations, and ports.

Old console games are not the same as new ones, and those classics are often just right for portable gaming, especially with a decent save system implemented. Even the simple save state function that the wii offers would suffice. I was starting to wonder if certain board members were paid by nintendo, but then I remembered they don't care enough to do that. So, they are just simple nintendoligists. Hah, I can see that one happening at the rate of rampant fanblindness things are headed in.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#12jfitz1982Posted 7/27/2011 9:57:49 AM
I endorse this topic.
---
I am nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore, I am perfect.
Now playing Lego Batman, Lego PotC, Okamiden, WindWaker, Xenosaga, L.A. Noire
#13CyberNylesPosted 7/27/2011 10:14:51 AM
jfitz1982 posted...
I endorse this topic.

Same, I fully agree.
---
You and I are done professionally, man.
#14lp913Posted 7/27/2011 11:45:53 AM(edited)
slaysme420 posted...
No you are wrong. Go look up the emulators available on the DS and psp and tell me there is no market for this. There are no GC games on the vc as of now anyways. I'd even concede to not putting n64 games on the 3ds, although it woud work. It would make way more $ for the big n, especially if they did not do an overall account link, people would double dip just fine. It's better to sell two copies of a game than one, right ? The sheer mass of sales spread across hundreds of game would easily counterbalance the few sales lost to 3d classics, compilations, and ports.

LOL NO, you're just proving me right with your contradictions, excluding N64 and GC DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE UNIFIED IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE! If you can't go all out for a complete transferable experience, then why bother? Of course this is all based around what other companies are doing, however some people here are being extremely ignorant in the fact that Nintendo (by actually innovating, and not just copying/pasting some other idea over and over) has made radically different platforms over the years, especially on the handheld front.

Its just impressive that they have been able to get most of the handheld content supported on the 3DS alone, to actually expect them to go further with consoles, AND encouraging a half assed way about doing it, is down right silly and NOT well thought out at all. And AUTO-FAIL for completely undermining the handheld library that Nintendo has built up over the years to even justify such a separate service from the home consoles. The system's set up is what it is, and its not gonna change just because a select few want it to and it isn't EXACTLY EVERYTHING copy & paste like other companies, deal with it.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]
#15SlaysmePosted 7/27/2011 12:13:16 PM
Hundreds more games on a console you own are fail? I said I'd concede to no n64 or cube sales, the reason being the argument over how much the availability of OoT and star fox would hurt sales of the remasters. That's all. Its doable, the controls are there, even if you have to map c buttons to the touchscreen. Why do you guys insist that more is worse? If a little software tinkering is not worth the extra sales that would generate, I don't know what else to say. Who cares what library was on what system at first? Some of the biggest selling gba games were ports of console games. Separate vc is what it is, but you just seem silly to not want more games playable. I'll never understand why people cannot seem to think for themselves, instead chewing up stock responses and producing vomitiuos results. If you don't play you won't win, don't dream and nothing will ever happen.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#16BraveAdolPosted 7/27/2011 12:33:12 PM
Nintendo would NEVER allow their handheld games to be played on a TV, nor its console games ported to a portable device. Its never ever happened ever
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3