Re: Screen Protectors

#1Starwars4JPosted 7/27/2011 1:31:56 PM
So I've used Hori, but unfortunately they got removed by Nintendo when I sent my 3DS in for repair recently (it had the imprinting issue). I was told the Hori-brand protectors were unlicensed, and that a licensed brand did exist. After a bit of quick research I found that to be the Power A brand. My question is what advantages does Hori have over Power A? Are the officially licensed screen protectors made at a lower quality?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#2SlaysmePosted 7/27/2011 1:38:20 PM(edited)
I'm just glad they didn't brick you for un .......*was sliced in twain by litesabre ( not the Lucas trademarked thing, this one is tyedye, and spelled different,so its different.)
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#3ORANGE666Posted 7/27/2011 1:39:14 PM
Hori are the best screen protectors for everything.
#4Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 2:01:11 PM
Yes but does anyone know why? What specifically makes Hori screen protectors superior to the official ones? Durability? Ease of application?
---
#5chaomaster4000Posted 7/27/2011 2:03:53 PM
I've heard the Power A protectors leave a nasty residue on the screen if removed, whereas Hori's do not.
---
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/27/2011 2:05:58 PM
Hori is static. Power A is adhesive. Any kind of adhesive isn't going to be good for a screen. With the Hori one you can reapply it at any time. You wouldn't be able to do that with the others.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#7Starwars4J(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 2:07:53 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Hori is static. Power A is adhesive. Any kind of adhesive isn't going to be good for a screen. With the Hori one you can reapply it at any time. You wouldn't be able to do that with the others.

Ah I see, I was unaware Power A was adhesive. Though I haven't found the Hori screen protectors to be AS good when reapplied, kind've like you can tell they were used. Maybe it's just poor technique on my part though.
---
#8OoSubaruoOPosted 7/27/2011 6:56:35 PM
Starwars4J posted...
So I've used Hori, but unfortunately they got removed by Nintendo when I sent my 3DS in for repair recently (it had the imprinting issue). I was told the Hori-brand protectors were unlicensed, and that a licensed brand did exist. After a bit of quick research I found that to be the Power A brand. My question is what advantages does Hori have over Power A? Are the officially licensed screen protectors made at a lower quality?

"Imprinting Issue" as in, marks from the bottom screen on the top screen?
#9NoPointMadePosted 7/27/2011 7:01:09 PM
Hori covers the whole upper (3D) screen with holes thoughtfully placed on where the speakers and the inner camera should be, a little thicker and seems to be more smudge- resistant than ordinary screen protectors. It does reek of quality.
#10keyblader1985Posted 7/27/2011 7:06:23 PM
I've used both Hori and Power A. My first brand was Power A, for my DSi. I kid you not - the damn things got so scratched up in a week that I had to take them off just to see.

After that I did my homework on different brands, and tried Hori. Not a single problem to this day, and I got them well over a year ago.

For my 3DS I couldn't find Hori brand anywhere for a while (I don't buy online), so I finally caved and tried Power A again. I'd heard good things about them lately & that in the past they weren't officially licensed, so that might explain why they sucked so hard before. But now I have no problems with them.

I don't recall if there was residue or not the first time, and I've never taken them off since the first time, so I can't help you there.
---
Rest in peace, Megaman Volnutt.