Re: Screen Protectors

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Re: Screen Protectors
5 years ago#1
So I've used Hori, but unfortunately they got removed by Nintendo when I sent my 3DS in for repair recently (it had the imprinting issue). I was told the Hori-brand protectors were unlicensed, and that a licensed brand did exist. After a bit of quick research I found that to be the Power A brand. My question is what advantages does Hori have over Power A? Are the officially licensed screen protectors made at a lower quality?
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
5 years ago#2
I'm just glad they didn't brick you for un .......*was sliced in twain by litesabre ( not the Lucas trademarked thing, this one is tyedye, and spelled different,so its different.)
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
5 years ago#3
Hori are the best screen protectors for everything.
5 years ago#4
Yes but does anyone know why? What specifically makes Hori screen protectors superior to the official ones? Durability? Ease of application?
5 years ago#5
I've heard the Power A protectors leave a nasty residue on the screen if removed, whereas Hori's do not.
chao master four thousand
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6045/stpcombo.jpg
5 years ago#6
Hori is static. Power A is adhesive. Any kind of adhesive isn't going to be good for a screen. With the Hori one you can reapply it at any time. You wouldn't be able to do that with the others.
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
5 years ago#7
darkqueenhelba posted...
Hori is static. Power A is adhesive. Any kind of adhesive isn't going to be good for a screen. With the Hori one you can reapply it at any time. You wouldn't be able to do that with the others.

Ah I see, I was unaware Power A was adhesive. Though I haven't found the Hori screen protectors to be AS good when reapplied, kind've like you can tell they were used. Maybe it's just poor technique on my part though.
5 years ago#8
Starwars4J posted...
So I've used Hori, but unfortunately they got removed by Nintendo when I sent my 3DS in for repair recently (it had the imprinting issue). I was told the Hori-brand protectors were unlicensed, and that a licensed brand did exist. After a bit of quick research I found that to be the Power A brand. My question is what advantages does Hori have over Power A? Are the officially licensed screen protectors made at a lower quality?

"Imprinting Issue" as in, marks from the bottom screen on the top screen?
5 years ago#9
Hori covers the whole upper (3D) screen with holes thoughtfully placed on where the speakers and the inner camera should be, a little thicker and seems to be more smudge- resistant than ordinary screen protectors. It does reek of quality.
5 years ago#10
I've used both Hori and Power A. My first brand was Power A, for my DSi. I kid you not - the damn things got so scratched up in a week that I had to take them off just to see.

After that I did my homework on different brands, and tried Hori. Not a single problem to this day, and I got them well over a year ago.

For my 3DS I couldn't find Hori brand anywhere for a while (I don't buy online), so I finally caved and tried Power A again. I'd heard good things about them lately & that in the past they weren't officially licensed, so that might explain why they sucked so hard before. But now I have no problems with them.

I don't recall if there was residue or not the first time, and I've never taken them off since the first time, so I can't help you there.
Rest in peace, Megaman Volnutt.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Re: Screen Protectors

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived