Really close to pulling the trigger on a 3ds

#1shocker2000Posted 7/27/2011 7:23:30 PM
It is on sale right now in Canada for $50 off so i figure this is going to be the best price for a while (even a price drop will knock it down to the sale price). Just had a few questions:

1. I know I will pick up DOA with the system, any other game suggestions? Not sure if i want another copy of OoT, I loved pilot wings on N64... would it be worth a purchase?
2. I am sure this one has been asked 100 times but realistic battery life for games is what around 5 hours?
#2IamDodongoPosted 7/27/2011 7:27:31 PM
Do it!

I've heard pilotwings looks nice but doesn't have a ton of content. Trust me though, OOT3D feels like a whole new game. Really, it looks the way that nostalgia paints my memory of the N64 version.

Other than that, shadow wars is fun.

Battery life is more like 4 hours unless you get one of the third-party battery upgrades.
#3little_fat_boyPosted 7/27/2011 7:28:16 PM

1. I know I will pick up DOA with the system, any other game suggestions?

Resident Evil Mercenaries

2. I am sure this one has been asked 100 times but realistic battery life for games is what around 5 hours?

if brightness is set to 3 ( out of 5 ) and power save is on. If you go full brightness, 3D on and volume loud you're looking at 3 hours max.
---
My Mom says I'm cute
http://i.imgur.com/S9DiF.jpg
#4xCha0sPosted 7/27/2011 7:28:54 PM
about 3 hour battery
#5linkrules2Posted 7/27/2011 7:29:46 PM
I would say OoT is a good purchase, but understand the need to not want it. I enjoyed Pilot wings but it can get repetitive. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is also good

If u dont have the brightness on all the way and 3d isnt always on (at least not the highest point) the battery will be fine. Ive never had a problem with the battery
---
3DS FC - 3050-7608-9240 (Ryan)
#6AvengerStarPosted 7/27/2011 7:30:30 PM
I thought you were going to shoot your 3DS.

Anyway, 1: OoT looks really good with the updated graphics and 3D. As for Pilotwings, if you liked the 64 title, you'll probably like this one.
2: Yes, it is about 5 hours in mid-brightness.
---
"That's like saying there's no way to sell food. As long as people exist, hungry people will exist, too."
-Megaman Omega on Fighting Piracy
#7phildoolPosted 7/27/2011 7:31:19 PM
normal ds games dont take as much power so i have a decent amount of time
---
Whenever someone calls you, be sure you say "Dominoes pizza, may i take your order?"
#8shocker2000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 7:36:48 PM
Ohh forgot about shadow wars, how would you say it stacks up with advanced wars?
#9Simon_IsturizPosted 7/27/2011 9:20:08 PM
OoT 3D really is worth it. 3D + mirrored Master Quest was worth my 40 bucks. The 3D is REALLY well done here.

As for battery life, you can get 5 hours easy if you keep the brightness level at 3 with 3D on, which should be fine for any situation except for when under direct sunlight. You can get even more life by turning off the wireless when playing a single player game and turning on the power save mode. Also, USE THE CRADLE. Putting the 3DS in the cradle whenever not in use makes the battery life thing seem like a non-issue.
#10Simon_IsturizPosted 7/27/2011 9:22:22 PM
linkrules2 posted...

If u dont have the brightness on all the way and 3d isnt always on (at least not the highest point) the battery will be fine. Ive never had a problem with the battery

This is not entirely true.

While 3D does use up more battery, it doesn't matter how high the 3D is. For energy consumption, it's either on or it's off.