GBA VC confirmed?!

#1WarioFan63Posted 7/28/2011 12:25:07 AM
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/index.html

In addition to all this price drop business I'm seeing GBA titles here. Can anyone help? ....Pokemaster?
---
http://www.digitalnintendo.com - Find out what's out, where it's out, when it came out and more between Wii Shop, DSi Shop, and eShop!
#2FinsMcManPosted 7/28/2011 12:33:04 AM
I read early adaptors will get 10 virtual console games for free as a gift, and those games listed are the ones you pick from
---
NO CLAMS IN HELL
#3Baha05Posted 7/28/2011 12:34:43 AM
FinsMcMan posted...
I read early adaptors will get 10 virtual console games for free as a gift, and those games listed are the ones you pick from

I really doubt that
#4SuperViolencePosted 7/28/2011 12:35:58 AM
From what I read, that sounds exactly like whats gonna happen. Hopefully Nintendo of America does something similar.
---
I'd rather shoot for the moon and miss then aim for the gutter and make it.
#5Masked ManPosted 7/28/2011 12:40:33 AM
When I ran it through Babelfish, it looks like they're gonna give out 5 NES games, then at a later point within the year, give out 5 GBA games to people in some Ambassador program. The odd thing is that I don't believe they're gonna allow others to get those GBA games otherwise if the weird translator deal is right or not.

I... feel so wrong right now. Like I JUST bought a 3DS new off eBay from a store for $205 and now I'm sure it's gonna be at least $200 soon enough.
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
Feel free to add me and let me know, always interested in fun
#6buttox23Posted 7/28/2011 12:40:46 AM
i hope this goes for NA too !
---
FC:3480-2567-6124 GT:AskewOstrich
#7WarioFan63(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 12:42:47 AM
Masked Man posted...
When I ran it through Babelfish, it looks like they're gonna give out 5 NES games, then at a later point within the year, give out 5 GBA games to people in some Ambassador program.

It looks like there's going to be 5 more NES and GBA games there too, they just aren't listed yet.
---
http://www.digitalnintendo.com - Find out what's out, where it's out, when it came out and more between Wii Shop, DSi Shop, and eShop!
#8FinsMcManPosted 7/28/2011 12:44:32 AM
Well, the 10 gameboy advance titles are supposed to be EXCLUSIVES for early adaptors, so at least you can show them off to your friends when they make fun of you for buying early.

By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

---
NO CLAMS IN HELL
#9Sirian_HawkPosted 7/28/2011 12:54:59 AM(edited)
Well according to that anyone who buys a 3DS (or has already I assume) before midnight August 10th will get a notification (provided their 3DS' are connected to the internet and have accessed the e-shop at least once) that they are now part of the Ambassador program. As a reward they will get those ten titles (5 NES and 5 GBA) for free this year.

It also states that when those NES games officially come out for the VC, that if the official versions are different (upgraded) people will get to update to the official version for free. HOWEVER, it also says that the GBA titles will be given to Ambassador members ONLY and Nintendo has no plans to EVER sell those titles on the VC.

So being an early adopter gets you five games no one else can get on the system. Of course this may only be for Japan, and the West gets nothing... or more likely something different.

EDIT: Beaten to it... that's what I get for typing so damn slow...
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#10Nave316Posted 7/28/2011 12:57:34 AM
Sweet Move Nintendo. I can dig it. But wow, $100 for all those games...WAIT...in 3D!
YES!
Dude, not only do we get all 20 of those games for free, $5 a piece if you count the $100 price tag difference, but they are also going to be in 3D, which is awesome. (better be in 3D)