Am I the only one who's happy about the price cut?(in terms of already owning)

#1Rawrman15Posted 7/28/2011 1:02:42 AM
Now i'll get free VC games!
---
If actions speak louder than words, then why is the pen mightier than the sword?
PSN: Phireblast
#2Starwars4JPosted 7/28/2011 1:04:46 AM
I'm ecstatic. 20 free games, 10 of which will never be offered to anyone else? Hell yes! I was happy with the system at $250, this just gives me extra for no real reason, and tells me that the 3DS XL that will probably launch in 2 years will be even less than I paid for the first one. Win-win baby!
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3deadANDrottedPosted 7/28/2011 1:07:41 AM
I already said this in another thread but it fits into this one as well. (YAY! copy and paste!!!)

Honestly I hope it's true (I've had mine sense day 1). Think about it...

The 3DS didn't take off as Nintendo planned. The game selection (while good) isn't anything to write home about. This christmas season is going to see plenty of strong first party titles. The Vita is coming out at the same (current) price as the 3DS yet has more power behind it.

Now as a gamer and consumer I would most likely go for the Vita (if they were released at the same time) in order to have the most power for my money. How ever Nintendo can level that playing field by lowering thier price. Include 20 free downloadable games (if I'm reading this right) and Big N just killed Sony's plan of offering better tech for an equal price. Suddenly the 3DS is the much better deal.

As long as the early adopters are also allowed the free games I say it's a win for everybody. More people will have the 3DS lots to play and everybody is happy. No matter what anybody says Nintendo is smart and knows how to play the game. I'm sure their looking to stay number 1 in the handheld market.
#4bytor33Posted 7/28/2011 1:09:20 AM
We should be happy not only because of the free games, but because the 3DS should be more successful now which means more great games that will be released.
#5weirdguy8888Posted 7/28/2011 1:17:24 AM(edited)
More importantly, it means that I won't have to go around desperately for spotpassing all the time only to come home sad and empty inside.

i wish i was joking

(wait I thought the free games were only for the early adopters)
---
You know you're running out of ideas when one of them is a badly drawn face on a giant robot snowflake.
#6lamario7Posted 7/28/2011 1:18:32 AM
I only paid $150 for my 3DS at launch so I'm loving getting 20 free NES/GBA games.
---
3DS FC: 2019-9666-2759
Oueeendaaan!!!
#7deadANDrottedPosted 7/28/2011 1:20:17 AM
weirdguy8888 posted...
More importantly, it means that I won't have to go around desperately for spotpassing all the time only to come home sad and empty inside.

i wish i was joking

(wait I thought the free games were only for the early adopters)

Maybe it is I just read the thing real quick. I'm just bored at work but this news caught my eye.