3ds price drop

#11ZiggyStardust61Posted 7/28/2011 1:13:18 AM
that's awesome, I just got it on the 18th, thank goodness for Best Buy's 30 day price match guarantee!
---
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=alanna3081
GO THERE! sign up, activate account. that's it. THANK YOU
#12MegaWinFTWPosted 7/28/2011 5:16:22 AM
Starwars4J posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
They designed the system to the price years ago, stop acting like the companies are "trolling" each other, it's just pathetic if you're over 12.

lmao you believe that nonsense? They just happened to design it to the same price the 3DS launched at? And they designed it around the price...and yet are still taking a hit per console sold. Right. Someone needs to learn not to believe everything they read and to think for themselves.

I'm more inclined to believe official statements from people who actually were part of the system's design than one of the most hilariously overblown Nintendo fanboys on this entire site, thanks.

It will be sold for a loss because that's what Sony do, it's their business plan and has always been. In fact Nintendo are the only ones who don't take a hit on hardware, because apparently providing a better price to the consumer is not worth taking a bit of a risk, then again with the current library for the 3DS I guess they couldn't rely on software sales to even it out.

This whole price drop thing has really soiled my opinion of Nintendo greatly. It just shows for a fact that they could have easily priced the system much lower but chose to bump it up by at least $80 because they could, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing such a big price drop so quickly. It's turned it from a device I was genuinely considering getting when the library improved to something I almost refuse to ever buy, because I don't want to support a company that thinks that sort of behaviour is ok. It will take something gargantuan to make me pick this up now, and because of this I don't think I'll be posting here again.

Looks like my portable gaming will be done exclusively on a Vita in the future.
#13ryudin89Posted 7/28/2011 5:28:33 AM
haha oh wow, looks like someones scared of vita.

Why do people post these things? This is not a good thing for Sony, and if you look at it another way it looks like Nintendo tricked Sony into selling the Vita for 250$ then cut the price to troll and make a killing this holiday.
---
Thirst-quenching, well-seasoned, crunchy and yet chewy: We are the Elvis of snack food.-Lucis_Ferre
#14SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 5:45:33 AM
I don't see why it's not a good thing for Sony. They will have their buyers at that price just like Nintendo did. And of course, price cuts aren't a Nintendo exclusive. All of this "trolling" talk is dumb. Nintendo likely dropped the price on the 3DS to make up for the sales lag, not because they wanted a bunch of fanboys to say they are "trolling" Sony.

Hell,now I'm going to go and trade in copies of Pokemon Emerald and Pearl for another $50 bucks off the new 3DS price. I couldn't care less about getting GBA games I either own now or never wanted. They are still portable and playable on my DSLite.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#15ZSABRE1Posted 7/28/2011 5:45:47 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
Starwars4J posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
They designed the system to the price years ago, stop acting like the companies are "trolling" each other, it's just pathetic if you're over 12.

lmao you believe that nonsense? They just happened to design it to the same price the 3DS launched at? And they designed it around the price...and yet are still taking a hit per console sold. Right. Someone needs to learn not to believe everything they read and to think for themselves.

I'm more inclined to believe official statements from people who actually were part of the system's design than one of the most hilariously overblown Nintendo fanboys on this entire site, thanks.

It will be sold for a loss because that's what Sony do, it's their business plan and has always been. In fact Nintendo are the only ones who don't take a hit on hardware, because apparently providing a better price to the consumer is not worth taking a bit of a risk, then again with the current library for the 3DS I guess they couldn't rely on software sales to even it out.

This whole price drop thing has really soiled my opinion of Nintendo greatly. It just shows for a fact that they could have easily priced the system much lower but chose to bump it up by at least $80 because they could, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing such a big price drop so quickly. It's turned it from a device I was genuinely considering getting when the library improved to something I almost refuse to ever buy, because I don't want to support a company that thinks that sort of behaviour is ok. It will take something gargantuan to make me pick this up now, and because of this I don't think I'll be posting here again.

Looks like my portable gaming will be done exclusively on a Vita in the future.

And not a **** was given that day.
---
http://theultimatefanboy.ytmnd.com/
#16MegaWinFTWPosted 7/28/2011 5:59:15 AM
I didn't ask you to care, just expressing my opinion as one often does on a message board.
#17BraveAdolPosted 7/28/2011 6:02:18 AM
Cue fanboys talking about how 'overpriced' the Vita is now, even though that's literally how much they paid for much less powerful hardware months ago
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#18pikachupwnagePosted 7/28/2011 6:04:28 AM
Jackalfox posted...
And with good reason. The Vita has all-around better hardware than the 3DS. It's a good thing for everyone (but Sony) that Nintendo lowered the price of the 3DS.

vita isn't as strong as you think its ram was halfed heres a

link.http://psp.ign.com/articles/118/1184687p1.html
---
Luigi is better then mario *raises flame shield* proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#19ZSABRE1Posted 7/28/2011 6:10:25 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
I didn't ask you to care, just expressing my opinion as one often does on a message board.

Good.
Now go away.
Shoo.
---
http://theultimatefanboy.ytmnd.com/