$170 helps with one barrier to entry, but not the other...

#1DeuxHeroPosted 7/28/2011 1:07:59 AM
I still have to deal with NoA, who have created artificial game droughts by refusal to release alreddy translated games (and I have little doubt they will do it again...) if I get a 3DS.

I think I'll pass. I don't enjoy being told to "piss off" and "enjoy the paper weight" after years of loyalty.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#2LazyBroPosted 7/28/2011 1:09:28 AM
The only other barrier is the Remove the Region Locking so people can play JPN/EU/US games on any 3DS unit.
#3DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:13:25 AM
Yep.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#4NikLinkPosted 7/28/2011 1:19:13 AM
DeuxHero posted...
I still have to deal with NoA, who have created artificial game droughts by refusal to release alreddy translated games (and I have little doubt they will do it again...) if I get a 3DS.

I think I'll pass. I don't enjoy being told to "piss off" and "enjoy the paper weight" after years of loyalty.

...when did anyone fron NoA tell us to "piss off" and "enjoy the paperweight"?

In fact by the time the price drop come into effect we'll start to get some nice quality titles.

Also, what would be the point of creating "artificial game droughts"? What kind of insane troll logic is behind that?
#5DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:20:46 AM
Look at the Wii releases this year. That is sure a nice pair of games for the entirety of 2011...
---
#6Starwars4JPosted 7/28/2011 1:21:39 AM
DeuxHero posted...
Look at the Wii releases this year. That is sure a nice pair of games for the entirety of 2011...

You mean in the last year of the console's life while all their attention has gone to developing for their two new systems? Yeah that sure is unusual >_>
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:22:45 AM
Given all the goodies on the GCN its last full year and the fact that the three games are ALREADY TRANSLATED, yes it is.
---
#8Garp_fistPosted 7/28/2011 1:23:09 AM
Yeah, I don't like their localization habits either, but other companies have my back when it comes to handhelds anyway.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 109. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#9DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:25:44 AM
In fact, I made a list earlier
GCN "core" releases in US: 2005 1 year before Wii hits in the middle/end of the year, * means exclusive

Battalion Wars*
Fire Emblem 9*
Geist* (highly mixed reviews)
From Russia with Love
Gun
killer7 (Former part of Capcom 5)
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness*
Resident Evil 4 (temporary exclusive)
Star Fox: Assault *
Super Mario Strikers/Smash Football *
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
(Honorable mentions to Baten Kaitos Origins, which came in 2006 right before the Wii as an exclusive, and
Chibi-Robo!, an exclusive in early 2006 for the US)

Wii "core" releases 2011 in US: 1 year before the Wii U hits at the middle/end of the year. No games announced 2012 yet.
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby Wii

Yeah
---
#10NikLinkPosted 7/28/2011 1:26:38 AM
I agree that the Wii is suffering from a horrible "no games in in sight, anywhere" problem. But you said that NoA is creating an "artificial game drought". Why would they do that? Explain yourself please.