$170 helps with one barrier to entry, but not the other...

#41AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/28/2011 7:39:04 PM
k
#42DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 8:09:58 PM(edited)
^^ Note how none of them have the "Nintendo" logo on the box. Also ignore how there are ones that DID sell. Whinny apologists.

@McmadnessV3

Yes, "Just Dance 3" and "Go Vacation" are core titles alright as are the Olympic Games game. DQX, which we have NO info about, AT ALL beyond "it's a Wii game", is a 2011 release for the US as well... If Mario Party 9 and FS are "core" games, then the GCN gets at least 2 more titles added to it.

Yeah, not a very good list...
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#43McmadnessV3Posted 7/28/2011 8:59:39 PM
Perhaps but I was merely pointing out that there were more games coming out for the system then you had mentioned.
Which in the end is really all that matters.
---
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
#44BraveAdolPosted 7/28/2011 11:42:10 PM
Giygasminion posted...
Some people are being stubborn about Operation Rainfall. Yeah, it would've been nice to have the games. But let's look at quality games that were released that were outside of the typical Wii genres.

Red Steel 2.
Little King Story
Sin & Punishment
Madworld
Zack and Wiki
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Yeah. They all had terrible sales. Great games people were indifferent about.

Fact of the matter is, people may say they want these games, but probably won't buy them when they come out. The general public has already shown they won't. So why should Nintendo bring them?

Does anybody really think Pandora's Tower is any better than a 7 average? It looks unbelievably mediocre. Xenoblade looks decent, but has one JRPG stereotype after another.

The only game I think could've succeeded of the three is The Last Story, if only because of its Final Fantasy lineage.

Why indeed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ&feature=channel_video_title
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#45DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 2:17:34 AM
^^ And there were MANY more gamecube games than I mentioned.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#46GiygasminionPosted 7/29/2011 10:14:10 AM
BraveAdol posted...
Giygasminion posted...
Some people are being stubborn about Operation Rainfall. Yeah, it would've been nice to have the games. But let's look at quality games that were released that were outside of the typical Wii genres.

Red Steel 2.
Little King Story
Sin & Punishment
Madworld
Zack and Wiki
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Yeah. They all had terrible sales. Great games people were indifferent about.

Fact of the matter is, people may say they want these games, but probably won't buy them when they come out. The general public has already shown they won't. So why should Nintendo bring them?

Does anybody really think Pandora's Tower is any better than a 7 average? It looks unbelievably mediocre. Xenoblade looks decent, but has one JRPG stereotype after another.

The only game I think could've succeeded of the three is The Last Story, if only because of its Final Fantasy lineage.

Why indeed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_yZvmzLOQ&feature=channel_video_title

He makes some good point, but yeah, of course games sell better here. Our population is far greater. But it's also greater cost to bring it here, market, ship and print, than it is for the Japan.

I just really don't think Nintendo would make a profit. The argument of "I want to give you money" is enticing at first glance, but how many people share similar sentiments? Operation Rainfall has 7,300 fans on Facebook. Let's assume for a moment that all of them would buy all of these games (not true), and even round the number up to 10,000. Hell, let's say Nintendo puts in minimal marketing to save costs, and gains another 15,000.

25,000 people is nothing.

And I wouldn't expect many gamers who own multiple consoles to "settle" for a mediocre God of War clone (Pandora's Tower), and a JRPG genre that is clearly losing its strength in the US market.

I'm frustrated by the lack of games too, but it's not hard to see why this choice was made. It was nothing malicious. Nintendo is a company, and their ultimate goal is the bottom line. And, looking at their recent Q2 financial report, it seems wise they don't make any unnecessary risks at the moment.
---
Check out my Backloggery account. Friend me!
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#47PokeMasterPosted 7/29/2011 10:42:01 AM
Starwars4J posted...
DeuxHero posted...
Look at the Wii releases this year. That is sure a nice pair of games for the entirety of 2011...

You mean in the last year of the console's life while all their attention has gone to developing for their two new systems? Yeah that sure is unusual >_>

The last SNES game was made in 2000. Long after the 64 came out.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#48DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 2:51:12 PM
"But it's also greater cost to bring it here, market, ship and print, than it is for the Japan. "

And Europe gets it because?...

And? An isolated case that never made it outside of Japan (FE5) is relevant...?
---