With the price drop announced, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

#61TalicusPosted 7/28/2011 2:19:52 AM(edited)
A little bit, if I knew there would be a price drop this quickly I wouldn't have bought one at launch.

I still appreciate it that I get loads of free games in return though. It's possible that not all of them are worth it, but at the same time they didn't need to do this but still decided to give out free games.
It's better than buying a PS3 for 600 bucks and seeing nothing in return.

Oh and about the sales: Don't forget that the 3DS has a price that is much easier to be lowered. I highly doubt that 3DS are that much more expensive to make now than regular DS's were when that came out. So even though the price has dropped considerably, it should still mean quite a lot of profit for Nintendo per unit sold.
I mean 180 is not a lot when it used to be 250, but it's still a lot more than the DS's $150 launch point.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#62Big_IsaacPosted 7/28/2011 2:18:12 AM
HermanTuttle posted...
Man, for Nintendo to drop the price after only a few months, sales must be dismal.

Don't know why more of you won't realize this.

The Gamecube and N64 had great launches. Sure, there were very few games available, but they were all instant classics: SM64, MK64, Luigi's Mansion, Smash Melee (though SSBM wasn't technically a launch title.)

yeah. the 3DS had a crappy launch lineup
I thought we established this months ago
---
waiting for Golden Sun 3DS
My FF ratings (out of 10): I: 5, II: 6, III: 4, IV: 8, V: 9, VI: 7.5, VII: 6, VIII: 3, IX: 8, X: 10, X-2: 8.5, XII: 8
#63BeckHansenPosted 7/28/2011 2:18:43 AM
i regret buying the 3ds not because of the price drop, but because there s a SEVERE lack of software. And i ve been around many handhelds launch.

This time it really is not looking good for Nintendo. I m not getting the VIta on release at this point, as it looks like mobile gaming will shift to smartphones and tablets in 2-3 years at worst.
#64MinamoPosted 7/28/2011 2:23:19 AM
Very yes. Two of the games I was excited for, Saints Row and Megaman Legends 3, were cancelled. There's still no word on Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, and Animal Crossing. Kid Icarus and Starfox don't have online, making half the game damn near useless for me. The two games that actually DID release within this time-frame that I was looking forward to were painfully lacking (Pilotwings Resort) and just plain bad (Splinter Cell). Ocarina of Time is the only game I was looking forward to that didn't disappoint, but its just the same game from the 64 days.

The only truly enjoyable, new, full game was Samurai Warriors, which honestly surprised me on how good it really is. Easily the best Warriors game by far, but not worth the $300 entry fee. Like I said in my own topic, I'll be buying first party titles used until I make up that $80 difference. The "free" NES and GBA mean nothing to me, they're also "free" just about anywhere else you look.
---
GT: C Hunter X / PSN: C_Hunter_X
#65TalicusPosted 7/28/2011 2:28:34 AM
BeckHansen posted...
i regret buying the 3ds not because of the price drop, but because there s a SEVERE lack of software. And i ve been around many handhelds launch.

This time it really is not looking good for Nintendo. I m not getting the VIta on release at this point, as it looks like mobile gaming will shift to smartphones and tablets in 2-3 years at worst.

I've only seen like 3-5 exclusive quality titles on the entire iOS library. I hear this opinion more and more often, but I don't really see where it is coming from. Almost all games are almost identical to free flash games found on the internet.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.