Don't forget about price matching! (3ds price drop topic)

#1ZiggyStardust61Posted 7/28/2011 1:15:28 AM
Most places have a price match guarantee for their product, Best Buy for example has a 30 day guarantee. I just bought my 3DS on the 18th, so I can just go into Best Buy and get that money back (and get the games too!)
---
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=alanna3081
GO THERE! sign up, activate account. that's it. THANK YOU
#2JackalfoxPosted 7/28/2011 1:18:44 AM
ZiggyStardust61 posted...
Most places have a price match guarantee for their product, Best Buy for example has a 30 day guarantee. I just bought my 3DS on the 18th, so I can just go into Best Buy and get that money back (and get the games too!)

Can you detail this policy, please? I'm interested.

Also, your signature reminded me that I haven't checked my Neopets account in like a year.
---
"July 18th, 2011: remember this date, Capcom. The date you made a powerless, but extremely annoying enemy." - Professor Icepick (via Capcom Unity)
#3ZiggyStardust61(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:22:33 AM

Well, at Best Buy you have 30 days to return many of their items, in this case the 3DS.

Because of this, I could technically just return my 3ds on august 12th and then buy a new one at the lower price. So they have their price match guarantee where you only need to bring in a receipt and an id, and they will refund your money to the lower price.

This works for anything so long as it;s in the return policy.
---
#4JackalfoxPosted 7/28/2011 1:23:56 AM

Well, at Best Buy you have 30 days to return many of their items, in this case the 3DS.

Because of this, I could technically just return my 3ds on august 12th and then buy a new one at the lower price. So they have their price match guarantee where you only need to bring in a receipt and an id, and they will refund your money to the lower price.

But what's the point of that? If you were to return the first 3DS, you'd lose the free games.
---
"July 18th, 2011: remember this date, Capcom. The date you made a powerless, but extremely annoying enemy." - Professor Icepick (via Capcom Unity)
#5ZiggyStardust61(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:25:33 AM
Jackalfox posted...

But what's the point of that? If you were to return the first 3DS, you'd lose the free games.

Right, but you don't have to return it. Because within 30 days you COULD return it, they will just mark the price down to the sale price and refund the difference, no returning necessary. But it does have to be within 30 days.
---
#6JackalfoxPosted 7/28/2011 1:28:35 AM
Jackalfox posted...

Right, but you don't have to return it. Because within 30 days you COULD return it, they will just mark the price down to the sale price and refund the difference, no returning necessary. But it does have to be within 30 days.

Ahh. Reminds me of what some people did when GameStop dropped Portal 2's price from $60 to $40. Is this typically at every Best Buy store in the US?
---
#7ZiggyStardust61(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 1:29:56 AM
Yes. At least in the US
---
#8SuperViolencePosted 7/28/2011 2:05:43 AM
Topic found. I sure hope this actually works.
---
I'd rather shoot for the moon and miss then aim for the gutter and make it.
#9dankanefanPosted 7/28/2011 3:02:52 AM
Good idea and IF it doesn't work, just return the 3DS for a full refund and then buy another at the new price, you'd lose the 20 free games but it's worth the risk if the reward is great.
---
Please learn the definition of an opinion before trying to argue with me. Thanks.
#10Master_PantzPosted 7/28/2011 7:54:11 PM
Anyone try calling their customer service to confirm that this would work?
---
Now Playing: Brink (360)
Most Wanted: Tropico 4 (360)