So let me get this straight... (Free games related)

#1Shadowfxd2Posted 7/28/2011 3:18:01 AM
Nintendo lowers the 3ds price to be competitive, and gives 20 free games to people who bought it before the price drop.... But Sony only gives out free games when you get your personal information stolen AND their internet service is down for 2 months...
#2libatakoPosted 7/28/2011 3:19:57 AM
i like your reassurance topic
---
As history has demonstrated repeatedly, stupidity and determination are often responsible for human deaths on a massive scale.
\ ( * c * ) /
#3baconcow1812Posted 7/28/2011 3:20:41 AM
I wouldn't make a direct comparison here with regards to sales strategy vs. hacking recovery. Both of the companies had different scenarios to deal with. Nintendo needs to generate 3DS sales and Sony needed to protect their hacking image. You didn't see Nintendo doing this for the DS/DS Lite as those systems did not need boosts. They gave 1000 points to help encourage people to buy the DSi. Different scenarios, different strategies. If the PS Vita has sales issues, it is possible Sony will do similar.
---
"the hell!?"
#4CorruptedRPGPosted 7/28/2011 3:21:30 AM
Your point? Not like Sony planned to get themselves hacked to give away free games and 1 month of PS Plus.

Nintendo is just rewarding early adopters so they don't ***** about spending $250 when everyone else can get it for $170 next month.
---
C. Playing:
#5J_pheonixPosted 7/28/2011 3:21:31 AM
*Sigh*

People like you make liking Nintendo hard >_>
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow
#6paulinkPosted 7/28/2011 3:21:37 AM
Terrible analogy, troll harder.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN