Effin called it.

#1AnotherSomebodyPosted 7/28/2011 4:19:06 AM
Sorry I'm late to the news party, just woke up, but I totally called this exact scenario. The moment Sony announced the Vita's price I made a topic on here stating Nintendo needed to drop the price and offer free eShop content.

People called me crazy.

WHO'S CRAZY NOW?!!

"Ehem..."

Sorry, but I totally effin called it. I am one of the early adopters and I am neither surprised nor upset.
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#2jamsch1978Posted 7/28/2011 4:21:11 AM
AnotherSomebody posted...
Sorry I'm late to the news party, just woke up, but I totally called this exact scenario. The moment Sony announced the Vita's price I made a topic on here stating Nintendo needed to drop the price and offer free eShop content.

People called me crazy.

WHO'S CRAZY NOW?!!

"Ehem..."

Sorry, but I totally effin called it. I am one of the early adopters and I am neither surprised nor upset.

Well I'm not quite convinced to buy a 3DS so can you use your crystal ball and let me know when to expect the next price drop? Thanks and I appreciate it!
#3baconcow1812Posted 7/28/2011 4:23:07 AM
jamsch1978 posted...
AnotherSomebody posted...

People called me crazy.

WHO'S CRAZY NOW?!!

"Ehem..."

Well I'm not quite convinced to buy a 3DS so can you use your crystal ball and let me know when to expect the next price drop? Thanks and I appreciate it!

Are you looking for a free console or something. At $170, the console is the cost of only 4 games.
---
"the hell!?"
#4AnotherSomebody(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 4:24:04 AM
Sorry, my crystal ball is a little defective, in that it can only predict the events themselves, and not the time period in which they will occur. That being said, it tends to be spot on, so please stay tuned for its next exciting update!
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#5little_fat_boyPosted 7/28/2011 4:24:25 AM
Several people ' called it ', me being one of them. I've always said the $250 price was an issue. I just didn't expect a price cut this soon and for this much. I was expecting a $20-$50 cut to boost holiday sales but this new price point is amazing.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.3dporch.com/2xy2.wiggle.gif
#6Mavrick588Posted 7/28/2011 2:49:06 PM
I called it as well.
LONG before Vita was announced.
back in the day reggie said that he perceived 2 kinds of gamers :Those who want the newest stuff now, and those who will wait.
$250 was just for those who wanted it now and the $170 is for everyone else.

We get 20 free games, so it's not like we are being ripped off, and Nintendo is still making a $70 profit off every single 3DS sold.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.
---
"Never been righteous, though seldom were wrong"
#7Dragongod165Posted 7/28/2011 2:52:46 PM
Mavrick588 posted...
We get 20 free games, so it's not like we are being ripped off, and Nintendo is still making a $70 profit off every single 3DS sold.

Wrong, they have confirmed they are selling at a minimal loss, which I have to admit worries me somewhat. $100 is the estimated cost for materials only, not factoring in production.
---
"I forgot gamefaqs is the place where all the wall street stock analysts hang out." - Karmic DJ
#8justchill433Posted 7/28/2011 2:55:09 PM
Dragongod165 posted...
Mavrick588 posted...

Wrong, they have confirmed they are selling at a minimal loss, which I have to admit worries me somewhat. $100 is the estimated cost for materials only, not factoring in production.

Marketing and all that jazz doesn't count as selling for a loss. They still make a profit.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#9Second_ChancesPosted 7/28/2011 2:55:18 PM
i dont care

keep feeding your ego if you'd like
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#10MattperdPosted 7/28/2011 2:58:38 PM
justchill433 posted...
Dragongod165 posted...
Mavrick588 posted...

Marketing and all that jazz doesn't count as selling for a loss. They still make a profit.

You need to add sarcasm tags so people don't think you're being ignorant.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword