All joking aside, this is the smartest thing Nintendo can do.

#11wave1000Posted 7/28/2011 5:50:13 AM
mcsmellington posted...
Cave_Lion posted...

This isn't an achievement. Sony will never dominate the portable space because they don't know how to make a good portable system.

The good thing with Sony is that they listen to what people want. People nowadays want online, so they can play games, chat, use social networking, Sony are giving them that, Nintendo aren't. I dunno if that's enough to take away anything from Nintendo, but it's something to think about. They listened to one of the main PSP complaints being only one analogue nub, so this time they're giving two sticks, why Nintendo only wanted one circle pad is beyond me.

Sony know they didn't do great with the PSP, and it looks like they've put the effort in to create a new handheld people want.

I agree the fact that they finally put there ego aside for once and put up a good price means they are commited to win but there is more to it then that I still think maybe they got to the 3rd parties and now Nintendo is in panic mode because giving away free stuff 20 classic games is a big deal when people would have paid for them at launch.

I would just say if you are looking for a 3DS game make sure you track it to see if it gets delayed cancelled or just moved to another system.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#12SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 5:58:59 AM
wave1000 posted...
mcsmellington posted...
Cave_Lion posted...

This isn't an achievement. Sony will never dominate the portable space because they don't know how to make a good portable system.

The good thing with Sony is that they listen to what people want. People nowadays want online, so they can play games, chat, use social networking, Sony are giving them that, Nintendo aren't. I dunno if that's enough to take away anything from Nintendo, but it's something to think about. They listened to one of the main PSP complaints being only one analogue nub, so this time they're giving two sticks, why Nintendo only wanted one circle pad is beyond me.

Sony know they didn't do great with the PSP, and it looks like they've put the effort in to create a new handheld people want.

I agree the fact that they finally put there ego aside for once and put up a good price means they are commited to win but there is more to it then that I still think maybe they got to the 3rd parties and now Nintendo is in panic mode because giving away free stuff 20 classic games is a big deal when people would have paid for them at launch.

I would just say if you are looking for a 3DS game make sure you track it to see if it gets delayed cancelled or just moved to another system.

So if Sony put aside their ego for once, as you say, then does that mean that Nintendo let their ego run wild with the hype based launch price of the 3DS. It didn't help them much obviously, if they resort to $80 price cuts and 20 game giveaways after 5 months on the shelf. And price cuts aren't exclusive. Remember that, Nintendo faithful.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#13AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/28/2011 6:41:45 AM
Cave_Lion posted...

Really? Really??? PSP wasn't the disaster that people on here like to claim it was.
#14Jman1236Posted 7/28/2011 6:45:51 AM
If anything sony might hold off a north american launch till next year since now the 3ds is cheaper giving them a disadvantage this Christmas.