So not to be a jerk or anything but... a question and a sly trick.

#1Carte360Posted 7/28/2011 5:25:38 AM
how does the 10 free virtual and gba games work? Is it linked to the 3DS or to an account? (Don't own a 3DS yet and have no idea how it works)

If it is an account couldn't I just walk into gamestop buy a used 3DS right now hook up said account return it the next day for a full refund and then buy the 3DS when it gets a price cut and get all the games free?

Maybe this wouldn't work, so if it wouldn't set me straight please. xD

*flame shield*
---
Pokemon FC: 0904-5158-2126
Yeah I am a Christian, but not the kind you think you know.
#2bigbug1992Posted 7/28/2011 5:27:59 AM
I believe your account is linked to your friend code, which is unique to each 3ds. So no, you can't do it.
---
Imagine playing Street Fighter, but your Hadoken doesn't hit as hard as the other guy, for reasons that the game never tells you. -LDK_Vergil discussing IVs
#3CorruptedRPGPosted 7/28/2011 5:28:03 AM
It only works for the 3DS that logged into the eShop before August 11. So in your case, the person who buys the used 3DS will get the games.
---
C. Playing:
#4so64Posted 7/28/2011 5:28:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it's link to the 3DS. You're better off buying a 3DS at Best Buy, then using Price Protection to get money differential back and be considered an Ambassador...
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#5Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 5:29:26 AM
so64 posted...
I'm pretty sure it's link to the 3DS. You're better off buying a 3DS at Best Buy, then using Price Protection to get money differential back and be considered an Ambassador...

Woah, care to explain how that works?

Also thanks guys for the quick responses very helpful ^^
---
#6so64Posted 7/28/2011 5:33:59 AM
Carte360 posted...
so64 posted...

Some Best Buy stores have a Price Protection/Price Change guarantee. If an electronic device such as a Computer or Gaming system undergoes a price cut within a certain time period, the company will refund the differential to the person generally no question asked. I think Best Buy is at least a month after purchase.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#7Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 5:35:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8deathsaber79Posted 7/28/2011 5:58:48 AM
Nintendo ties their downloadable games directly to individual consoles, NOT to an account like LIVE or PSN does.
#9phisho873Posted 7/28/2011 6:24:43 AM
so64 posted...
Carte360 posted...
so64 posted...

Some Best Buy stores have a Price Protection/Price Change guarantee. If an electronic device such as a Computer or Gaming system undergoes a price cut within a certain time period, the company will refund the differential to the person generally no question asked. I think Best Buy is at least a month after purchase.

But surely with the price drop being known and announced, this won't work.
---
Shut up.
http://blaremagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lights.jpg
#10Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 6:28:07 AM
phisho873 posted...
so64 posted...
Carte360 posted...
so64 posted...

But surely with the price drop being known and announced, this won't work.

See I was thinking that too, but then again... I doubt they'd care, depending on who it is anyway.
---