Very smart move by nintendo

#1trenkenPosted 7/28/2011 5:28:14 AM
They knew if they kept this at $250 it would end up going the route of the virtual boy. Not enough people would have ever spent that kind of money for a system that looks just like the DS they already own, even during the holidays. But they also knew that a major price drop would burn those of us that did spend $250 pretty bad.

So to make up for it they are giving away 20 free games. That's surprisingly a good compensation. Of course they didnt have to do anything at all because its just the price you pay for being an early adopter, but this is a pretty serious price drop. Maybe the biggest ive ever seen.

Only thing Im hoping for is they deliver all of these games on time. I could easily see this whole free game thing changing or not being delivered when expected. Hard to complain though, this was a nice move on their part to their loyal customers.
---
One free month of PSN+, and all I have to do is hand over my personal info to hackers? That sounds like a sweet deal, where do I sign? -- 3DS 1504-5688-7256
#2mcsmellingtonPosted 7/28/2011 5:30:19 AM
I agree, it's good business practise to reward the early adopters who won't be taking advantage of the price cut. It's quite a big drop in price though, never expected that. I definitely agree that without it though, the console looked like it could head for trouble.
---
GT: McPoo