One good thing about the price drop announcement and the "ambassador" program

#1deathsaber79Posted 7/28/2011 4:43:47 AM
They've basically indirectly announced that we are getting the NES and GBA on the virtual console. Here is to hoping they don't futz around and just give us the NES entire library the Wii already enjoys, as it would be pretty lame to just release one game a week like before, and pretend these releases are new again. Also, I don't see any reason, why we can't get into the SNES action either, and maybe even select N64 where they can adapt the controls.

About time, nice to see they are at least paying a little attention and realizing that releasing one first year B&W gameboy game a week is NOT cutting it.

Nintendo needs to stop insulting the intelligence of its customer base where it concerns virtual console and online offerings and this is a decent start. The console is now a decent price, and the games are coming, right in time for holiday shopping- people won't ignore new Mario and Mario Kart games. Now if they just announce a doing away of those friend codes...
#2General_DodannaPosted 7/28/2011 4:49:07 AM
we dont just get the 10 NES games but when the games we get go live we get the 3D versions for free too.. and Im betting the GBA games wont go live for a year... and SMW1 would have been awesome additional icing... lol
#3deathsaber79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 4:55:59 AM
They are being coy when they say they have no plans to release the gba games publicly. Please Nintendo. The games will be on the server already, once the current ownership already has their downloads, all they have to do is attach a price point and start ringing their cash register for all the new people buying the 3ds at the lower price. They might wait a few months, but they'll be up there.
#4Cave_LionPosted 7/28/2011 4:58:43 AM
Of course they'll be up there only the most stubborn and loyal fanboys will deny it. They are too far up nintendo's own *** to see it.

And honestly the NES titles will be same as WIi VC. Nintendo wants you to buy it again because THAT is what they do.

N64 isn't going happen. Ever. Neither is SNES. They'll do GBA games that were SNES remade.
---
http://www.50birds.com/extan/images/extancavelionsciam83.jpg
#5StrikeNinja24Posted 7/28/2011 5:01:20 AM
Any idea when these titles are supposed to be getting released? Seems really vague.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
PR Advisor - http://www.unitedfortales.org/
#6pikachupwnagePosted 7/28/2011 5:06:08 AM
General_Dodanna posted...
we dont just get the 10 NES games but when the games we get go live we get the 3D versions for free too.. and Im betting the GBA games wont go live for a year... and SMW1 would have been awesome additional icing... lol

anyone who bought a 3ds before the price drop gets the free games BEFORE the general public.
---
Luigi is better then mario *raises flame shield* proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#7PChaosWMPosted 7/28/2011 5:11:57 AM(edited)
I really wish they would allow those of us who bought the games on the Wii to simply put them on the 3DS free of charge... counting them as if they are on our own personal account or something. I shouldn't have to buy a game twice... hell, for most of the games I bought on VC I already bought before... so really I shouldn't have to buy a game a THIRD time.

EDIT: Oh, and I think that the GBA games should eventually be available to people who buy a 3DS after the price drop. It doesn't really affect me since I already own a 3DS but I know people who want a 3DS who freaking love Yoshi's Island and would be very disappointed if they couldn't play it on their new 3DS.
---
\\=============\\ PerfectChaosWM //=============//
//-- Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. --\\