People who are actually complaining about the recent news: you piss me off

#1DoubleTPosted 7/28/2011 7:00:47 AM
Seriously how ****ing ungrateful can you get? If this wasn't gamefaqs I would use so many classy words to describe my contempt for pathetic people like that.
---
Jump! Ultimate Stars FC: 0001-0466-9719
SSBR FC: 3909 - 7190 - 9212
#2pikachupwnagePosted 7/28/2011 7:04:10 AM
THANK YOU TC. i agree most the whiners are people who think they are entiltled to everything or sony fanboys. if you hunted down and bought all those games it would cost you alot more then 80 bucks.
---
Luigi is better then mario *raises flame shield* proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#3IvilancePosted 7/28/2011 7:06:59 AM
Agreed. $250 is the price you pay for being an early adapter. I couldn't be happier that they found a decent way to compensate, although it was completely unnecessary. That's how you build loyalty.
---
"Was Babe Ruth scared when he fought Godzilla on the Empire State Building? Trust Me, It Happened!" -Hacksaw Jim Duggan
#4PinappleExpressPosted 7/28/2011 7:08:55 AM(edited)
In reality you could get them all for free easily.

I'm betting people will not early adopt as much in newer generations, early adopting is fine if there is some killer app you just have to have. The 3DS library is garbage at this point.
---
You know what time it is, keep on rolling baby!
#5scrahfyPosted 7/28/2011 7:08:25 AM
DoubleT posted...
Seriously how ****ing ungrateful can you get? If this wasn't gamefaqs I would use so many classy words to describe my contempt for pathetic people like that.

Well said =)
#6Mario_BonesPosted 7/28/2011 7:09:29 AM
But Nintendo forced me to use my money to buy a console when I knew what it would involve and what games were coming out when! And I don't like the free games, so it's objectively a rip off for everyone!
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#7w00dm4nPosted 7/28/2011 7:12:05 AM
i bought a PSP Go at launch and Sony did a move like this....
but only for people who bought it after they announced it.

it's nice to be rewarded for buying a system on launch day for once and not waiting for a price drop.
#8HawkOfEndymionPosted 7/28/2011 7:15:34 AM
Well, initially I was just angry that I couldn't get the GBA titles they listed because I couldn't afford $249. Now I'm at a cross between 'Wait, I don't care, I can just buy the cartridges if I really want the game' and 'They'll probably be made available anyway a year or so from now'.

So now I'm just happy I'll finally be able to buy a damn 3DS. I just couldn't do it at $249.
#9nofxcrackerPosted 7/28/2011 7:17:34 AM
DoubleT posted...

Agreed.

This type of thing happens all the damn time. A new piece of tech comes out at a high cost. People pay that cost to have that piece of tech. A little while later, the price comes down, due to parts being cheaper to make, demand, lack of demand, or any other number of reasons. This has always happened, and will always happen. (eg., the iphone 3gs was what, $200-$400 brand new and now I've seen ads selling them for $50)
---
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta
#10MicroByterPosted 7/28/2011 7:19:17 AM
I knew what I was buying when I payed $250 at launch. At that price point, it was worth it to me. I understood the release schedule and knew the timing for when the eShop was supposed to be. I educated myself and made the decision that $250 was worth it.

Price drops are something that are expected as well as evolutions of the product - that's life with Nintendo. I'm hoping this price cut can put more 3DS' into people's hands so that more games are developed because of the larger market (that and maybe I can get more streetpasses as well).

Where I think Nintendo shined was to include an unprovoked incentive program to compensate those that did purchase the 3DS prior to the price drop. In my eyes (and potentially Nintendo's), these are your more loyal supporters and you'd probably want to keep them appeased rather than burn a bridge with the price reduction.

I think as a business, they are making a sound decision. This price drop is a seed that hopefully prompts a growth in ownership and a growth in software available to the system.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206