The recent price drop says: "Yes, we were robbing our fans and we're sorry"

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 7/28/2011 7:08:06 AM
They're dropping it $80 and will STILL make a profit on each unit sold. But the fans who were being robbed insisted "Well Nintendo always makes profits on their hardware and they need to consider stuff like paying for production, retailers, Iwata's stool softeners, etc. so it's incredibly necessary"

The only thing they're sorry about btw is that they couldn't continue taking a massive chunk of change from fans because the sales are so poor
---
i don't believe that Elvis is dead, yeah
#2scrahfyPosted 7/28/2011 7:10:42 AM
noone was robbing anyone. anyone with a 3ds CHOSE to buy it...be quiet with this crap
#3TrekCyclingPosted 7/28/2011 7:10:45 AM
I agree. Nintendo doesn't sell hardware at a loss so this just shows how overpriced the 3DS was initially. I wonder what this also says about the Vita as well? I think this has more to do with a bad economy + pressure from tablets and smartphones.
---
XBox Live Gamer Tag: DSGamerish - PSN: DSGamerGWJ
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/28/2011 7:15:48 AM
scrahfy posted...
noone was robbing anyone. anyone with a 3ds CHOSE to buy it...be quiet with this crap

if you don't like his opinion, ignore it. You didn't have to read this topic, so take your fanboy trolling elsewhere. He can post his opinion just like you can post your irrational hate of his opinion.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#5scrahfyPosted 7/28/2011 7:18:44 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
scrahfy posted...

if you don't like his opinion, ignore it. You didn't have to read this topic, so take your fanboy trolling elsewhere. He can post his opinion just like you can post your irrational hate of his opinion.

ill ignore what i feel like ignoring i dont answer to you. and how am i trolling? ive been on these boards for years man.
#6Enigma149Posted 7/28/2011 7:19:30 AM
If you don't like his opinion, ignore it. You didn't have to read this topic, so take your fanboy trolling elsewhere. He can post his opinion just like you can post your irrational hate of his opinion.

You know, just because you disagree with someone and say it doesn't make you a "fanboy troll". I also think that the $250 price tag was a risk, but I bought it anyway, because I wanted the 3DS on launch day. It'll be the same with the Vita: sure, there may someday be a price drop, or a better version, or whatever, but I'm still going to pay $250 for it on launch day.
#7shinjix2Posted 7/28/2011 7:20:23 AM
but hey, they apologized......
---
3DS Friend Code: 3952-7004-6536 PM me yours and I'll add you!!
3D Porch Site http://www.3dporch.com/users/shinjix2
#8scrahfyPosted 7/28/2011 7:20:37 AM
Enigma149 posted...
If you don't like his opinion, ignore it. You didn't have to read this topic, so take your fanboy trolling elsewhere. He can post his opinion just like you can post your irrational hate of his opinion.

You know, just because you disagree with someone and say it doesn't make you a "fanboy troll". I also think that the $250 price tag was a risk, but I bought it anyway, because I wanted the 3DS on launch day. It'll be the same with the Vita: sure, there may someday be a price drop, or a better version, or whatever, but I'm still going to pay $250 for it on launch day.

yes, thank you =)
#9Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 7:21:33 AM
scrahfy posted...

Yes they were. They knew the biggest of fans, the fans who support them undoubtedly, would buy the 3DS on day one. They made it the priority to squeeze as much money as they could out of each of those fans because they knew they could based on the success of the DS.

You know what's sad though? Some of you Nintendo fanboys are taking it like your own mother or father were stealing from you saying "No, this can't be true, they wouldn't? Why would they?"

Every fan is just a money bag to Nintendo
---
#10Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 7:23:21 AM
TrekCycling posted...
I agree. Nintendo doesn't sell hardware at a loss so this just shows how overpriced the 3DS was initially. I wonder what this also says about the Vita as well? I think this has more to do with a bad economy + pressure from tablets and smartphones.

Sony is selling the PS Vita at a loss, and it does far more than the 3DS does with far better graphics for the price the 3DS launched at
---