The recent price drop says: "Yes, we were robbing our fans and we're sorry"

#611shadetail1Posted 7/28/2011 2:48:50 PM
["Actually, they were robbing their fans. They put out a product that millions of people wanted at such a high price, knowing full well it didn't have to be so expensive. Nintendo fans will buy anything Nintendo dishes out so it's obvious they were going to buy it day 1. Nintendo sold it to them at an insane price, thus stealing money from them."]

o_O Sarcasm? Because what you wrote is pretty much a direct contradiction. "They were obviously going to spend their money on it, therefore they were robbed." Uh, no. They freely spent their money, therefore by definition, they were *not* robbed.

Anyway, complaints about this are ridiculous. This isn't a "price drop", its a repeal of the nerd tax. Early adopters always pay a premium. This is precisely the reason why I haven't gotten one yet. I knew the high price wouldn't last long.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#62psoesmPosted 7/28/2011 4:53:40 PM
GEKGanon posted...
//If it's digital content then they aren't losing money.Especially digital content that is years or even decades old.//

You think this digital content automatically works on the 3DS? They have to pay someone to make it work. That costs money.

Oh all the hundreds of dollars Nintendo is losing getting people to code an emulator that hobbyist programmers do in their free time and then uploading a rom onto a server!
---
Hello. I'm Psoesm and I game on Linux!
This ad paid for by Ubuntu.
#63MetroidJunkiePosted 7/29/2011 5:27:08 AM
Oh all the hundreds of dollars Nintendo is losing getting people to code an emulator that hobbyist programmers do in their free time and then uploading a rom onto a server!

Why the hell would they have to use emulators? They actually have the SOURCE CODE to these games.