So the 3DS is going to be the same price as the DSi XL now?

#1GhetsisPosted 7/28/2011 6:47:06 AM
That doesn't make much sense.
---
Currently playing: Ragnarok Online (Yggdrasil server)
Cheren: Lv.9X Clown
#2HawkOfEndymionPosted 7/28/2011 6:48:20 AM
The DSi XL in general never made much sense.
#3little_fat_boyPosted 7/28/2011 6:57:20 AM
the DSi line will be discounted and discontinued like the Lite. It isn't relevant anymore.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!!!
http://i.3dporch.com/2xy2.wiggle.gif
#4ugoo18Posted 7/28/2011 6:59:42 AM
The DS line as a whole should be discontinued, the 3DS can play it's games and it will be much more affordable soon. Plus it eliminates the idea that some people have that it's just another DS so i might as well by the DSi instead since it's cheaper.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#5LordAndrewPosted 7/28/2011 7:01:02 AM
If you want the bigger screens for DS games, XL is still the optimal solution. Better than that crappy upscaling the 3DS does.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#6ugoo18Posted 7/28/2011 7:02:25 AM
LordAndrew posted...
If you want the bigger screens for DS games, XL is still the optimal solution. Better than that crappy upscaling the 3DS does.

Bigger screen for something that is harder to fit in your pocket seems kind of pointless, apart from the bigger screen there is no other advantage compared to a DSi or 3DS.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#7Ghetsis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 7:13:19 AM
^ Battery's a lot better, actually.
---
Currently playing: Ragnarok Online (Yggdrasil server)
Cheren: Lv.9X Clown
#8ugoo18Posted 7/28/2011 7:18:47 AM
Ghetsis posted...
^ Battery's a lot better, actually.

I did forget that but the advantages vs buying a 3DS aren't significant.

With the 3DS you get the entire DS library + the future 3DS library + the E-Shop + Netflix (Depending on where you are)

vs

Better Battery (For now) and a larger screen
---
#9Cave_LionPosted 7/28/2011 7:21:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Cave_LionPosted 7/28/2011 7:24:26 AM
The DSi XL in general never made much sense.

Nintendo lost the plot when they launched the GC as handbag with small optical discs that no 3rd party gave a crap about.

And DSiXL will go down to about 99. They won't discontinue it. I agree with the guy that said 3DS's DS capabilities are crap. Some games look crap on it and they better update it.

Better solution will be to kncok the DSi to $70 or DS lite to $60
---
http://www.50birds.com/extan/images/extancavelionsciam83.jpg