Price Drop = Buy! But, first, questions about 3DS...

#1tuvok47Posted 7/28/2011 8:04:45 AM
The astounding price drop has pushed the 3DS into a good potential for me to buy. But, I have some questions about the unit, because I've only followed the basics and some of the games for it...

1. How good is the screen quality?
2. Does it have a headphone jack?
3. Can you still download DSiWare new? (I never owned a DSi--just a DSLite)
4. What are the best games available now?

Thanks!
---
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo
#2so64Posted 7/28/2011 8:05:27 AM
At 2 and 3, yes.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#3pikachupwnagePosted 7/28/2011 8:07:44 AM
1. very good
2 and 3 yes
4. OOT 3D and ghost recon shadow wars. also DOA and SSFIV.

coming sep 9 star fox 64 3D coming november super mario 3d coming in december kid icarus and mario kart
---
Luigi is better then mario *raises flame shield* proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#4tuvok47(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 9:00:15 AM
Thanks!

One more question, how's the battery life?
And, what are the best downloadable titles available? (DSiWare, 3DSWare, 3dS VC)
---
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo
#5rashrulesPosted 7/28/2011 9:08:21 AM
The battery life is not that good with 3D and Wireless on. (3-5 hours)

However, I've found that it works quite well for me if I play without 3D and Wireless (especially the latter, you don't need it on at all while playing an offline game). I only put 3D on for cutscenes (they look awesome) or while entering a new area in OoT to see how gorgeous it looks.

IMO the battery life isn't that bad if you switch Wireless and 3D off most of the time, and you can always replace the standard battery with Nyko Power Pak+, I've heard good things about it.
---
Official Azelf of Pokemon Black/White boards.
3DS: 0817-3819-3503