For Being Early Adopters, We Get

#11roos1046 RebornPosted 7/28/2011 9:52:26 AM
smasher1001 posted...
Eh, I'd rather have the 70$. I either own the origionals or aren't interest in the first 10 titles they've listed so far. At first I was like sure, when I thought they'd let us PICK 20 games. But then after finding out its preselected ones, It's kinda like being jibbed a bit to me.

another options is that they give you NOTHING
that is how much they are obligated to give you

being an early adopter of new technology ALWAYS means you pay more than the person that buys the same thing a few months later
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#12KayubePosted 7/28/2011 10:04:19 AM
I had to delete the E3 trailers to make room for Nintendo Video...
---
Wario Ware DIY: 1591-7322-4364
#13SPDShadowRangerPosted 7/28/2011 10:08:36 AM
Who cares if it is a NES game? Old doesn't mean bad. I actually don't have most of those games so I'm excited for them.
#14chickenturkey10Posted 7/28/2011 10:10:15 AM
SPDShadowRanger posted...
Who cares if it is a NES game? Old doesn't mean bad. I actually don't have most of those games so I'm excited for them.

I'm with you on that.
---
Wii code: 3632-6979-8230-7885
#15faramir77Posted 7/28/2011 10:15:58 AM
Nintendo is laughing. They made an additional $80 off of millions of people, amounting to over $200 million. In return, you get 20 digital copies of old games, which cost next to nothing to distribute.

I'll keep my money, thanks.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#16PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:18:31 AM
faramir77 posted...
Nintendo is laughing. They made an additional $80 off of millions of people, amounting to over $200 million. In return, you get 20 digital copies of old games, which cost next to nothing to distribute.

I'll keep my money, thanks.

Doesn't matter if it's free. It's why plenty of people prefer the sentimental gift to the costly one. The point is that we're happy with what we're getting to make up for this.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#17ORANGE666Posted 7/28/2011 10:25:25 AM
andodel posted...
smasher1001 posted...
Eh, I'd rather have the 70$. I either own the origionals or aren't interest in the first 10 titles they've listed so far. At first I was like sure, when I thought they'd let us PICK 20 games. But then after finding out its preselected ones, It's kinda like being jibbed a bit to me.

You can have $70, I'll take $80 ;).

Also, you do realize they could have said "Ha, you bought it early, and you get nothing". It's not like the PSN outage. They are giving you 20 free games all because they feel like dropping the price.

The difference is that giving away games from old systems does not effect other companies sales. Nintendo probably gives a little away for each download to companies.

When Sony gave out current gen games other companies made, Sony paying them for each download.
#18Links_Big_KeyPosted 7/28/2011 10:48:41 AM
While 20 untouched roms sure isn't much, it's more than should have been expected.

Sure, 5-10 3D-ified old roms would have been nicer. A free copy of Ocarina would have been even better. Zelda AND Starfox would have been wonderful (but insane, since almost anyone with a 3Ds will actually buy those, as opposed to some old roms)

I really think it is silly to not just drop price today, though. Who wants to spend $80 dollars for those roms? Because some of them MIGHT be exclusive to early adopters? (Yeah right, like Nintendo isn't going to be willing to sell Mario, Metroid and Zelda roms to purchasers on/after Aug 12 for 5 bucks a pop. IF their is any exclusivity at all, I put my money on games like Ice Climber.)

But getting anything at all is pretty good. I didn't get anything for buying a launch 360 for 400 bucks. Unless you count the extended warranty that actually did come in handy when it RROD.

For me personally, I haven't bought a 3Ds for several factors. Price, no good games ($40 N64 touch ups doesn't burn a hole in my pocket) battery life and small screen size.

The price is now really good. E3 confirmed several good games that will hopefully release this year. I might still have to wait for a better battery life though.

If Nintendo was so quick to to have this big of a price drop, maybe their revised model strategy will be accelerated as well. Maybe they will skip the "Lite" stage this time around and go straight for the XL next spring. While $170 is tempting, I think it would be smart to wait a few months to see if sales skyrocket. If they are still flat around the time Mario Land 3D comes out, I would think a hardware revision would be soon behind. If sales are strong by the time Mario comes out, $170 might be good enough to pick one up instead of waiting a long time for the new model.
#19TBiggzPosted 7/28/2011 10:57:12 AM
you also got to play your 3DS nearly five more months, but that's a minor thing, of course.
#20googlerPosted 7/28/2011 11:06:04 AM
I wouldn't even want those games for free, even though they already are if you know where to look and playable a most smartphones. They should have offered 1 free 3DS title, if anything