Nintendo hits panic button...

#31SabelrakPosted 7/28/2011 9:42:15 AM
Are people this dumb? Nintendo admitted that a price drop this significant is UNUSUAL for them to do this. It means they know they're on a wire now. They thought they had something by adding 3D effects to a system. If they would've just added better graphics that would be more excellent, the 3D effects aren't stunning at all, and you must have real pride not to admit that. No one is buying it maintain because there's no games. Legend of Zelda the ocarina of time was a big waste of money. no one wants to play a damn remake unless you add a whole bunch of new stuff that has more features than the old. Good thing I only picked it up for 2$. The only games I'm excited for are animal crossing, Mario kart, Mario, super smash bros, and that's it. Developers would be wise to stay away from this system until more people buy this system, if ever.
#32blunderminePosted 7/28/2011 9:43:47 AM
It was the right move by Nintendo, the system was overpriced at 250 and a bunch of the people who were on the fence waiting for a price drop might invest now. They couldn't wait for Vita to come and supplant them. They had to lock down that consumer base now or it would be too late.

They still need more games though.
#33TowelFight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 9:51:39 AM
Wrong. Nintendo reduced the price of the N64 after just 1 month on sale in the UK in 1997.

And look how well the remainder of that generation went for them. Lulz.
---
PSN ID: TowelFight
#34ORANGE666Posted 7/28/2011 10:19:22 AM
TowelFight posted...
Lulz.

Developers sure ain't happy...maybeyou've seen all those cancelled game announcements.

Consumers sure ain't happy...or Nintendo wouldn't be slashing the price by 30% barely six months after release.

That's a 68% price drop not 30%
#35VermineaterPosted 7/28/2011 11:18:09 AM
No, it's 68% of the original price, so a 32% price drop. Other person is more correct.
---
VE - http://i.imgur.com/kL7QD.png
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me
#36EtoRangerPosted 7/28/2011 11:20:24 AM
TowelFight posted...
Wrong. Nintendo reduced the price of the N64 after just 1 month on sale in the UK in 1997.

And look how well the remainder of that generation went for them. Lulz.

It was pretty good?
---
Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger!
Pokemon Black FC 4556-0457-6896
#37plagamesforevaPosted 7/28/2011 11:20:31 AM
I'm surprised that the N3DS is NOt as popular as the DS.
---
CAPCOM needs to make a 3rd Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the N3DS!